Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

Daps
Ben ended up completely different than what people were projecting after that SL run. Not a negative, but actual NBA regular season play is completely different from SL and even preseason in my opinion. Speed, intensity, looks. shyt is geared to give younger players maximum leeway to showcase their game.

The real shyt always happens when the season starts and teams start game planning, adjusting touches, etc.
I don't know what SL you were watching, but Ben looked like the same player he projected to be.

This was the analysis at the time -
Every Summer League game did a great example show casing Simmons’ strengths and weaknesses. Literally every game featured moments when Simmons would complete an amazing pass that is rarely seen by some of the NBA’s top point guards and almost never seen by a power forward, which appears to be the position Simmons is likely to play this season. Simmons’ ability to drive to the basket and draw fouls was also on display by going to the free throw at least twice every summer league game.

His ability to draw fouls didn’t over shadow his inability to shoot as much as I hoped it would. Simmons would often miss layups when contacted by a member of the opposing team, miss most of the few mid-range jump shots he took, and had an overall field goal percentage of 32 percent.
“Simmons showed glimpses of his potential and also plenty of flash. Displaying amazing court vision, Simmons routinely dropped awe-inducing passes and was easily able to break down defenders with his dribbling exploits. However great Simmons’ highlights were, he frequently seemed tentative on offense, refusing to take jumpers and would often pass out after getting to the rim. Despite these issues, Simmons is legit and will likely quickly emerge as the best of his class once the regular season gets going. With averages of 12.3 points, 7.8 rebounds and 5.5 assists, Simmons made the All-NBA Summer League First Team, the first of many accolades he will surely rack up in his rookie season.”
Even his box score stats mirrored the type of player he became.

I mean, it goes without saying that SL/preseason is a different climate to regular NBA ball, but it gives you a general idea of who that player is (as it did with Ben), and if they're going to get starters minutes, which Keegan has, you'll naturally see that translate in some capacity, but it simply hasn't for him. He even looks a different player to what we saw from him in college.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
RJ Barrett is a terrible basketball player
Knicks FO an absolute joke for that extension that's a franchise killer to tie all that money to a shytty player
Year 4 and have still never seen what this guy is supposed to be good at on a basketball court.
Even worse is delusional fans acting like there's some hidden potential to unlock :heh:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol hawks radio guy said Silas Jr goin e looking like JVG dealing with playing all these 20 year old. He definitely has the patience. That man is a dormant volcano inside