Random NBA Observations 2022 - 2023

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Commissioner Silver sounds delusional saying that load management is not a problem for the League

How can they justify charging what they do with star players sitting on the bench?

Also Kyrie and KD sound kinda crazy saying players demanding trades in season or in the middle of a contact is good for the game

Why would anyone want to buy season tickets for a team at a premium price when the star players can bolt at any point?

I think it’s a complicated because players should be able to take care of their bodies and playing back to backs is risky and apparently there aren’t enough days in the year to figure out better scheduling so that players have rest in between games and to have a meaningful offseason. But something has got to give. Also, players having freedom to make choices that benefit themselves and their families should be preserved but again something has got to give. From a fan perspective I ain’t really got any answers but I disagree that this kind of stuff isn’t problematic and definitely question if it’s good for the game just because you get some more attention.

A lot of problems get solved with a 62-game season, but everyone greedy :manny:

Games matter more
Less injuries
Tickets actually worth a shyt

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
A lot of problems get solved with a 62-game season, but everyone greedy :manny:

Games matter more
Less injuries
Tickets actually worth a shyt
I agree this is a potential remedy but ain’t nobody trying to give up that money. Fewer games per season would also all but solidify that some records would never again be broken especially that scoring record Bron just grabbed.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Commissioner Silver sounds delusional saying that load management is not a problem for the

How can they justify charging what they do with star players sitting on the bench?
I mean the whole concept of the midseason tournament is essentially admitting that load management is an issue..…

He has every reason to downplay it publicly with the television rights coming up as it’s going to be the main topic of discussion with bidders and reducing the schedule isn’t going to solve the team as you would still have player load managing and sitting out games.