Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
4-A12843-B-C1-CF-4203-9-C08-76-B11365537-C.jpg

And to think Bron was my op for 16 years lol

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Not sure why everyone is acting like Steph is a lock for the MVP this year. Yes he’s been balling…yes his team is top 2. But he’s only shooting 43% from the field. The last dude to win an MVP with a fg% that low was AI. And AI was dropping over 30 on a one man team. This ain’t a Jokic season from last year….KD, Jokic and Bron have been better this year too. But hey I guess it’s been a weird year…Jokic and Bron have no shot and KD stays in Covid protocols. So I guess Steph really is the only candidate:yeshrug:

Daps
Not sure why everyone is acting like Steph is a lock for the MVP this year. Yes he’s been balling…yes his team is top 2. But he’s only shooting 43% from the field. The last dude to win an MVP with a fg% that low was AI. And AI was dropping over 30 on a one man team. This ain’t a Jokic season from last year….KD, Jokic and Bron have been better this year too. But hey I guess it’s been a weird year…Jokic and Bron have no shot and KD stays in Covid protocols. So I guess Steph really is the only candidate:yeshrug:
Please, please, please will y'all nxggas stop using FG%, especially for players whose field goal attempts largely consist of three-point shots.

He's averaging 27 points per game on 61 TS%
KD is averaging 29 points per game on 62 TS%.

It's far too early to be definitively making a claim for any player either way. We're not even half way through the season.

:manny:

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Please, please, please will y'all nxggas stop using FG%, especially for players whose field goal attempts largely consist of three-point shots.

He's averaging 27 points per game on 61 TS%
KD is averaging 29 points per game on 62 TS%.

It's far too early to be definitively making a claim for any player either way. We're not even half way through the season.

Hold up why should we throw out FG% like that’s still not the barometer for efficiency?

Jokic shoots 57%
KD shoots 52%
Bron shoots 51%

That’s a huge gap over Steph who’s sitting at 43%. We should give him pass because 65% of his shots are 3s? Well whose fault is that? He’s shooting his lowest percentage ever from there. You bring up his TS? You’re talking about a dude who had a 67 TS% back when he was in full force….shyt he was way better across the board last year…had like a 65 TS% last year.

It’s just weird to see dudes acting like he’s the runaway favorite when in reality he’s having his worst season since he became Steph Curry.

Meanwhile KD has been the glue that’s been holding together a mismatched, moving parts, imbalanced squad all year. Has been hyper efficient and has carried this squad comfortably to the top seed in the East. Yet all I hear about is Steph:martin:

Daps
Hold up why should we throw out FG% like that’s still not the barometer for efficiency?

Jokic shoots 57%
KD shoots 52%
Bron shoots 51%

That’s a huge gap over Steph who’s sitting at 43%. We should give him pass because 65% of his shots are 3s?
It's not about giving him a pass.

FG% doesn't accurately take into account 3PT efficiency, because it values all attempts the same, when they're not the same because one is worth three points and the other is only worth two. That's why there's eFG%, which takes into account twos and threes, and TS%, which takes into account twos, threes, and FTs.

Take for instance:

x-player goes 4-10 from the field (all three-point shots), which is 40 FG%, but he ends up getting 12 points.
y-player goes 5-10 from the field (all two-point shots), which is 50 FG%, but he ends up getting only 10 points.

x-player is more efficient despite having a lower FG%.

This is what eFG% and TS% are for. They take into account efficiency per shot. It's nearly 2022, how aren't you aware of this?
He’s shooting his lowest percentage ever from there. You bring up his TS? You’re talking about a dude who had a 67 TS% back when he was in full force….shyt he was way better across the board last year…had like a 65 TS% last year.
And how is any of this relevant?

He's not competing against himself from previous seasons. He's competing against the likes of KD this season, whose efficiency as I mentioned is similar (29 ppg on 62 TS%).
It’s just weird to see dudes acting like he’s the runaway favorite when in reality he’s having his worst season since he became Steph Curry.
Nobody is acting like this.

As it now stands, the consensus is it's a two-man race between them both, and the odds and narratives reflect that. And once again, it doesn't matter if he's having his worst season in comparison to his other years; it only matters how he compares to his peers this season. This season Steph isn't in competition with 2016 Steph.