Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Found this channel on YT about some Philippine brehs hooping

Nice to see the differences and similarities in hooping cultures. I on a patch like this against some villagers when I was in the military & we had a training mission to do there. They love basketball just as much if not more than we do. You’ll see random little courts like this everywhere over there. A lot of courts here have been taken down and replaced with tennis courts :unimpressed:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps

Warriors president of basketball operations and general manager Bob Myers cut off the question before it could be finished, flatly
saying “no” when asked by Yahoo Sports if financial concerns would keep the franchise from keeping one of its youngest, most productive players.

“No, no,” Myers told Yahoo Sports. “I mean, thankfully work for an ownership group in Joe [Lacob] that has committed all kinds of resources to winning. And I know that because every time I asked him about roster and strategy, it’s always winning.”

It’s not exactly a choice Poole or the Warriors have to address this offseason, as Poole is finishing his third season — leaving the option for the two to come to terms on a rookie-scale extension before October. If they don’t come to a deal, Poole would hit restricted free agency in July 2023.

“You don’t need me to tell you what our payroll is. It’s pretty high,” Myers told Yahoo Sports. “So he just wants to win. And we’ve spent a lot and we’ve kept all the players we want to keep, so I don’t see that changing.”

The Warriors’ payroll is some $40 million over the luxury tax threshold of $175 million, which means as a luxury-tax repeater, the bill could almost equal dollar-for-dollar of player salaries. However, there are estimates the Warriors are bringing in nearly $100 million in playoff revenue alone, so it’s not like Lacob and the team ownership group will cry poverty, as Myers alluded to, especially in the name of winning.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
About what I expected.

A lot of people wrote the Celtics off after the Warriors beat a Mavs team no one had making it past Phoenix.

East is different now lol

I don't think Warriors will lose both games at home to open up the series, but I wouldn't be surprised.