Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That isn’t their biggest issue in the playoffs though. Everyone around his ass on defense and that’s why teams attack as they know that everyone else can’t properly defend. Them going small isn’t going to solve that problem. Everyone else needs to step up on defense.
Multiple things can be true. You’re right, they do need more athleticism on the wings but Gobert being unable to score unassisted, even against heavy mismatches, completely neuters them every post season. Gobert not being able to hit a baby hook over smaller defenders at this point of his career is just laziness on his part and it’s hurting his team.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Multiple things can be true. You’re right, they do need more athleticism on the wings but Gobert being unable to score unassisted, even against heavy mismatches, completely neuters them every post season. Gobert not being able to hit a baby hook over smaller defenders at this point of his career is just laziness on his part and it’s hurting his team.

He’s a problem, but not the biggest problem with that team in the postseason and getting rid of him is going to make them worse long term.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s a problem, but not the biggest problem with that team in the postseason and getting rid of him is going to make them worse long term.
Like I said, multiple things can be true but you seem really intent on winning this exchange we are having. I don’t disagree with you about their wings.

Here’s what happens every playoffs for Utah:

-teams pnr Gobert to death to get switches and then attack the mismatch because he can’t guard in space, it also pulls him away from being a rim protectors. Or if he doesn’t switch, then they just take the open midrange jumper in drop coverage or shoot the open three if the defence can’t navigate the screen
-on the other end, teams just load up on Mitchell, leaving Gobert to try to create for himself which he can’t do with any consistency. This completely ruins their offensive attack since the rest of the Jazz perimeter players can’t attack one on one either.

In essence, one player is responsible for everything they do in the regular season falling apart every playoffs. Their mistake is building their system around a guy that you can’t play in the off-season. It’s a lot easier to replace that one guy than it is to find a bunch of athletic wings who can shoot in order to make up for Gobert’s deficiencies.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Like I said, multiple things can be true but you seem really intent on winning this exchange we are having. I don’t disagree with you about their wings.

Here’s what happens every playoffs for Utah:

-teams pnr Gobert to death to get switches and then attack the mismatch because he can’t guard in space, it also pulls him away from being a rim protectors. Or if he doesn’t switch, then they just take the open midrange jumper in drop coverage or shoot the open three if the defence can’t navigate the screen
-on the other end, teams just load up on Mitchell, leaving Gobert to try to create for himself which he can’t do with any consistency. This completely ruins their offensive attack since the rest of the Jazz perimeter players can’t attack one on one either.

In essence, one player is responsible for everything they do in the regular season falling apart every playoffs. Their mistake is building their system around a guy that you can’t play in the off-season. It’s a lot easier to replace that one guy than it is to find a bunch of athletic wings who can shoot in order to make up for Gobert’s deficiencies.

If that’s the case, then Utah would have already done it by now and moved on for Gobert :mjlol:

I don’t think you realize how difficult it is to find athletic wings that can shoot. If it was that easy, then other teams in the league wouldn’t be searching for those players as well. Even if they were to replace him, then they’re going to be a worse team overall.

Don’t believe it? Look over in Philly whose worse off long term without Simmons on the roster even his shortcomings and them getting Harden.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
:mindblown: Bucks haven’t won there since 2001?? How dafuq haven’t u won somewhere in over 20 years in the NBA??? This isn’t the fckin’ NFL where u might not play them or be there for a few seasons. That’s some crazzzzzzy hoodoo to have over a team that isn’t the Knicks :smh:

The majority of the 20 years the bucks have been mediocre and it seems like the Utah Jazz have been playoff bound the majority of those 20 years. Plus the eastern conference teams only play in Utah once a year.

This stat doesn’t seem too unreal to me.

Now if it were Boston yea I’d be more shocked since they seem to always have playoff bound seasons

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jonathan Isaac tore his ACL in the bubble and he still can't make it back?? Dude must have had complications during his rehab.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that’s the case, then Utah would have already done it by now and moved on for Gobert :mjlol:

I don’t think you realize how difficult it is to find athletic wings that can shoot. If it was that easy, then other teams in the league wouldn’t be searching for those players as well. Even if they were to replace him, then they’re going to be a worse team overall.

Don’t believe it? Look over in Philly whose worse off long term without Simmons on the roster even his shortcomings and them getting Harden.
You’re kind of making my point for me.

You said they need more help at the wing position, which I agree with, but like you stated those guys are hard to find. But you still have to find them if you want to win.

Then you look at what I’m saying…I started by saying that I was surprised Utah hasn’t moved past Gobert already…and now you’re saying “why haven’t they done that yet then?” …which is exactly what I’m saying!! Lol. Cuz it’s proven not to work over and over again for the reasons I stated above.

So again, both things can be true—that Utah needs to move on from Gobert but they also need guys on the wing who can contribute on both ends of the court.

Here’s my question to you—how does Utah succeed in the playoffs while keeping Gobert on the roster? How do they need to reconstruct their team to make Rudy work in the grand scheme of things?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You’re kind of making my point for me.

You said they need more help at the wing position, which I agree with, but like you stated those guys are hard to find. But you still have to find them if you want to win.

Then you look at what I’m saying…I started by saying that I was surprised Utah hasn’t moved past Gobert already…and now you’re saying “why haven’t they done that yet then?” …which is exactly what I’m saying!! Lol. Cuz it’s proven not to work over and over again for the reasons I stated above.

So again, both things can be true—that Utah needs to move on from Gobert but they also need guys on the wing who can contribute on both ends of the court.

Here’s my question to you—how does Utah succeed in the playoffs while keeping Gobert on the roster? How do they need to reconstruct their team to make Rudy work in the grand scheme of things?

What do you think the purpose of bringing in Rudy Gay was for? To play small ball when needed depending on the matchup.

Unfortunately, it’s not working out that way and now they’re even more thin at the wing position now that Ingles isn’t there anymore.