Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Harden: 'No consistency' from officials on calls

The interesting part about the rule shift is that Harden is actually getting to the foul line almost once more per game this season (8.2 attempts) compared to a year ago (7.3 attempts).

:stopitslime:

Was watching a game last week and saw this fraud jump backwards and sideways into a player and flop to the ground clutching his head. Replay showed no one ever made contact with his head. Get him the fukk outta here already.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think home court for the Suns is actually a bit overstated. No series went 7 for them last year and they got closed out on the road after they choked game 5 at home vs the Bucks.

The real prize typically is (1) hoping you face a trash bottom seed/play-in team and (2) forcing the 2/3 seeds to clash in round 2... but with all the injuries and uncertainties of return, it’s all a crapshoot.

Fukk around and be an exhausted 1 seed with a healthy LAC as an 8th seed and healthy Denver in the 4/5 slot.

Especially considering the fact that MPJ and Murray both might be back at some point this season.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This wouldn't be an issue if Cam Payne and Landry Shamet could play consistently good off the bench. :francis:

Cam Payne is more of a spark plug rather than someone that can actually run an offense consistently if needed. They need a better backup PG as Elfrid Payton and Cam Payne ain't it.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Especially considering the fact that MPJ and Murray both might be back at some point this season.
Denver would go from gentlemen sweep material to heavy contenders... granted that may be asking a lot of Murray to come back with just (i assume) a month of restricted (April) play before playoff ball... even Klay who's had a conservative timeline is dealing with setbacks.

But i digress. Ultimately, we know from last year's 'offs that PHX can win on the road and can lose at home. We also know that this season, they actually have a better road than home record (both are essentially the same).

Most important thing for them any top seed is not overextending their stars in yet another weirdo reg season. And also having a little bit of luck; case in point the Bulls lack of luck.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

Went from light years ahead to no light at the end of the tunnel.

:mjcry:

thats-life-frank-sinatra.gif
unfortunately

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The Pelicans sitting damn near all their starters, tonight :mjlol: They got us in Philly at 6 pm after a game last night

Herb :ahh: gotta show out, tonight

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

That mental midget display vs the Nuggets in the bubble will be forever damning. That and habitually digging themselves into holes vs lesser teams, resulting in playing more playoff games than needed with a guy who's knee stays on borrowed time.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
This rumor is floating around per my sources: Simmons for Collins, Bogdanovic and three firsts with the Hawks considering. 76ers plan to dump Tobias, Collins would replace him and then they'd clear salary room to sign Harden.

A lot of these deals fall through but this is currently being discussed.