Random NBA Observations 2021 - 2022

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Not if it means trading a key contributor. If CP3 goes down you aren't making it far anyway. Nearly everyone on their team is productive, if you commit too much for an insurance plan then you may not be able to make it far while healthy.

Smith and maybe Shamet are the only 2 guys on their team that are expendable and have value to another team, probably not enough to get anyone worthwhile even with draft stock attached.

We're not talking about them needing a starting caliber PG. We're literally just talking about a PG that can help soak up minutes and run the offense with CP3 not on the floor. You can easily get one of those guys without having to give up a key contributor on the team.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
We're not talking about them needing a starting caliber PG. We're literally just talking about a PG that can help soak up minutes and run the offense with CP3 not on the floor. You can easily get one of those guys without having to give up a key contributor on the team.

I mean they could always sign dudes off the street but I don't think it'll be anyone worthwhile.

I don't think players like Brad Wanamaker and Tre Jones would ever be the difference between a win and a loss if CP3 went down

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I mean they could always sign dudes off the street but I don't think it'll be anyone worthwhile.

I don't think players like Brad Wanamaker and Tre Jones would ever be the difference between a win and a loss if CP3 went down

It's not about being the difference. It's about soaking up minutes to keep CP3 healthy until it's playoff time. I said the same shyt last season with the Lakers needing someone to soak up minutes to keep AD healthy until playoff and look what happened. Having depth and dudes that can soak up minutes in the regular season matters.

Don't believe it? Look at what's going on over there in Miami and Memphis and the no name dudes that they have stepping up to soak up minutes to get their starters healthy. You don't need big names to do that as they're showing.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's not about being the difference. It's about soaking up minutes to keep CP3 healthy until it's playoff time. I said the same shyt last season with the Lakers needing someone to soak up minutes to keep AD healthy until playoff and look what happened. Having depth and dudes that can soak up minutes in the regular season matters.

Don't believe it? Look at what's going on over there in Miami and Memphis and the no name dudes that they have stepping up to soak up minutes to get their starters healthy. You don't need big names to do that as they're showing.

I see what you're trying to say but they still need to win games.

If Brad Wanamaker/Tre Jones caliber players are taking 15-20 of CP3s minutes, yes CP3 is putting less wear and tear on his body but the Suns are likely losing that game. If they are going to do that they need someone whose more than just a ok PG.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I see what you're trying to say but they still need to win games.

If Brad Wanamaker/Tre Jones caliber players are taking 15-20 of CP3s minutes, yes CP3 is putting less wear and tear on his body but the Suns are likely losing that game. If they are going to do that they need someone whose more than just a ok PG.

It doesn't have to be 15-20 minutes. Even a few minutes here or there every other game would make a difference in the long run. The Miami Heat have been doing it all season long pulling off the street and are just fine. Phoenix would be as well.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
This is why the lakers have a small window to the finals

top 3-4 teams
Suns - I don’t trust cp3 to not get injured
Warriors - are not what they seem, Steph underperforming as well
Jazz- shyt every year
Grizzlies - still young and I think a ways away from really competing

If AD comes back, russ can embrace a true Pg role and feed the post, and Lebron is still Lebron

who should they be afraid of in a 7 game series

Daps

top 3-4 teams
Jazz- shyt every year

If AD comes back, russ can embrace a true Pg role and feed the post, and Lebron is still Lebron

When people are ready to say fukk logic don’t stand in their way

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

top 3-4 teams
Jazz- shyt every year

Dubs not what they seem? Steph underperforming by HIS standards yet still shooting better than the entire league and dubs still winning games?

lakers are old, any young team with vets and competent head coach is going to wash the lakers up