Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
how the fukk everyone giving jimmy butler shyt for being right 3 times in a row now

bulls are ran like shyt: fact
minnesota dumb as hell for giving kat and wiggins the keys: fact
sixers offense is trash as fukk and mainly benefits simmons (plays with a fukkin handicap) and JJ (not clutch or reliable): fact

i thought people hated when dudes showed up to make a team better but only ended up towing the line saying shyt like "both teams played hard" after losing the same way every night
Philadelphia is 14-8 since the trade with a top 5 offense.

Jimmy just wants to play isolation ball. He wants to dribble dribble and take contested midrange shots, he wants to be the hero. I won't even put it all on him, that Philadelphia core is extremely arrogant from Simmons, to Embiid, to Butler. This team is winning and players are complaining about their role.

I see Embiid wanted to keep that 28 point per game average he had earlier in the season. :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Philadelphia is 14-8 since the trade with a top 5 offense.

Jimmy just wants to play isolation ball. He wants to dribble dribble and take contested midrange shots, he wants to be the hero. I won't even put it all on him, that Philadelphia core is extremely arrogant from Simmons, to Embiid, to Butler. This team is winning and players are complaining about their role.

I see Embiid wanted to keep that 28 point per game average he had earlier in the season. :mjlol:
Top 5 points per game don't make you a Top 5 offense man

Don't know how its fair to bottle everything into "he just wants to ISO" either. Jimmy with the ball, even if you were to say in the worse terms that he wants to bs and ISO doing nothing, is still better than closing a game with Simmons looking stupid 18 feet away from the rim while teams run out the basketball equivalent of a cover 3 defense to laugh in his face... Dude speaking completely objectively on this stuff and it gets twisted up into some personal thing. Brett Brown could've been fired last year or the year before last too.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Top 5 points per game don't make you a Top 5 offense man

Don't know how its fair to bottle everything into "he just wants to ISO" either. Jimmy with the ball, even if you were to say in the worse terms that he wants to bs and ISO doing nothing, is still better than closing a game with Simmons looking stupid 18 feet away from the rim while teams run out the basketball equivalent of a cover 3 defense to laugh in his face... Dude speaking completely objectively on this stuff and it gets twisted up into some personal thing. Brett Brown could've been fired last year or the year before last too.
They're 15-6 when Butler plays and top 5 in points per game since he was acquired, sounds good to me. Have they had their 4Q struggles particularly Simmons? Sure, Butler has gotten the opportunity to hit some big shots in those moments off his side step. Every team has strengths and weaknesses, players have to adjust to each other and cover for each other that's how a team works. Butler just got there and shouldn't be suggesting the team revamp their whole offensive system because he wants to play isolation, pick and roll ball. If the team was losing maybe he could talk but they're not.

Again, these guys are selfish. Simmons wants a triple double every night, Embiid's numbers and usage took a hit after the Butler trade and he decided to complain about it, and Jimmy think he Kobe. This is his third team in the last couple of seasons every stop he's bumped heads with players and coaches, it's him breh.

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
They're 15-6 when Butler plays and top 5 in points per game since he was acquired, sounds good to me. Have they had their 4Q struggles particularly Simmons? Sure, Butler has gotten the opportunity to hit some big shots in those moments off his side step. Every team has strengths and weaknesses, players have to adjust to each other and cover for each other that's how a team works. Butler just got there and shouldn't be suggesting the team revamp their whole offensive system because he wants to play isolation, pick and roll ball. If the team was losing maybe he could talk but they're not.

Again, these guys are selfish. Simmons wants a triple double every night, Embiid's numbers and usage took a hit after the Butler trade and he decided to complain about it, and Jimmy think he Kobe. This is his third team in the last couple of seasons every stop he's bumped heads with players and coaches, it's him breh.

Man, I couldn't give two shyts about their record at the moment. These issues we're having now are only going to get exposed more come playoff time against teams like Indiana, Milwaukee, Boston and Toronto. Jimmy and Embiid need to start building their chemistry now, not waiting till we're losing in the 4Q of a playoff series.

They will be the ones closing games come playoff time. Running dribble handoffs to JJ Reddikk 20x a game isn't doing that...Its not sustainable in the long run. I see whats coming from a mile away...And its going to fall all on Brett Brown. Unfortunately nobody in this city will have the balls to blame him in the media.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Its real convenient to blame Jimmy.

Lets run it back to Chicago - where management tried to drop Butler's minutes, giving them to Tony Snell, in an attempt to make it easier to low ball him for contract negotiations. Same place that had their players doing hilariously incorrect or dumbass rehab exercises (like Mirotic locking out his knees on leg presses...) and had teammates knocking each other out. Same place that ran every player into the dirt for years and had guys playing while leaking spinal fluid. Same place that fired a coach this season because they forgot they were tanking then were SHOCKED that his replacement happened to be one of the most disliked coaches in America dating back 10+ years.

He said Chicago was a shyt franchise. Was he wrong?

Okay, Minnesota. KAT's playoff run was incredibly disgusting. Wiggins refused to improve any part of his game. Jimmy bring Minnesota the defensive culture that they needed to FINALLY get back into playoffs after one of the longest droughts in the league at the time. Jimmy takes the toughest cover every night and plays unselfishly until it becomes obvious that 1) these guys got no heart and 2) management has already chosen to put their max money behind those guys - who didn't win shyt until Jimmy got there. Not only that, they lay out the blueprint to lowballing him yet again by giving Wiggins the max before trading Butler, which removed all the leverage he would've had negotiating a potential sign and trade for CP3 type of agreement with a future team. The team made that circus when the owner wanted to keep him but his trash coach/trash gm refused. Jimmy just hopped in party they already started.

And Philly?

:dahell:

Brown's coddling is the reason why people think Fultz got abducted by aliens, JJ Reddikk gets a free pass to run in circles and miss the shots he's paid to hit, Embiid gotta shoot 3s, and Simmons gets to be a liability against any good team. Jimmy got more experience than just about everyone on the roster. Don't bring in vets for win now moves if you don't want that energy.

being 15-6 is cool but NO ONE has them beating Indiana, Boston, Toronto, and maybe not even Milwaukee either - that's all that matters.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I haven't seen it talked about but Nate McMillan seems to have finally hit his stride as a coach. His teams were up and down/meh in Seattle and Portland. This Indy team is getting better each season under him and look like they can contend in the east.
He actually had a decent record in Portland. He had one of the longest and most successful tenures.

Stotts barely passed his wins a couple months ago.

Daps
Man, I couldn't give two shyts about their record at the moment. These issues we're having now are only going to get exposed more come playoff time against teams like Indiana, Milwaukee, Boston and Toronto. Jimmy and Embiid need to start building their chemistry now, not waiting till we're losing in the 4Q of a playoff series.

They will be the ones closing games come playoff time. Running dribble handoffs to JJ Reddikk 20x a game isn't doing that...Its not sustainable in the long run. I see whats coming from a mile away...And its going to fall all on Brett Brown. Unfortunately nobody in this city will have the balls to blame him in the media.

You got it my man

People don’t realize how SCARY Indiana is becoming. Everybody knows their role and even worse their selfless. R&Bs scoring has gone down willingly because he doesn’t see the need to rock the boat if the team is cohesive

Indiana May very well screw up a lot of plans and be playing till June :picard:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Angel Delgado (de lo mio personal) 22 and 31 last night in G League for the Clippers

@pete clemenza if anything happens to Harrell, y'all are set. That kid's gonna make it.
Yeah him and Motley are killing it in the G League. Motley just got called up to the main team and I expect Delgado will get a look post all star break. Glad he's coming around cause he looked average at best during summer league. We'll see what happens cause our rotation of Gortat and Boban has been shakey and down right awful at times.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Its real convenient to blame Jimmy.

Lets run it back to Chicago - where management tried to drop Butler's minutes, giving them to Tony Snell, in an attempt to make it easier to low ball him for contract negotiations. Same place that had their players doing hilariously incorrect or dumbass rehab exercises (like Mirotic locking out his knees on leg presses...) and had teammates knocking each other out. Same place that ran every player into the dirt for years and had guys playing while leaking spinal fluid. Same place that fired a coach this season because they forgot they were tanking then were SHOCKED that his replacement happened to be one of the most disliked coaches in America dating back 10+ years.

He said Chicago was a shyt franchise. Was he wrong?

Okay, Minnesota. KAT's playoff run was incredibly disgusting. Wiggins refused to improve any part of his game. Jimmy bring Minnesota the defensive culture that they needed to FINALLY get back into playoffs after one of the longest droughts in the league at the time. Jimmy takes the toughest cover every night and plays unselfishly until it becomes obvious that 1) these guys got no heart and 2) management has already chosen to put their max money behind those guys - who didn't win shyt until Jimmy got there. Not only that, they lay out the blueprint to lowballing him yet again by giving Wiggins the max before trading Butler, which removed all the leverage he would've had negotiating a potential sign and trade for CP3 type of agreement with a future team. The team made that circus when the owner wanted to keep him but his trash coach/trash gm refused. Jimmy just hopped in party they already started.

And Philly?

:dahell:

Brown's coddling is the reason why people think Fultz got abducted by aliens, JJ Reddikk gets a free pass to run in circles and miss the shots he's paid to hit, Embiid gotta shoot 3s, and Simmons gets to be a liability against any good team. Jimmy got more experience than just about everyone on the roster. Don't bring in vets for win now moves if you don't want that energy.

being 15-6 is cool but NO ONE has them beating Indiana, Boston, Toronto, and maybe not even Milwaukee either - that's all that matters.
Chicago is a shyt franchise, I was mostly referring to his issues with Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah. He question D-Rose's work ethic a guy that has come back from several knee injuries. Also, with Jimmy is not that he questions authority but his methods.

The Minnesota thing, he should have known what he signed up for. Wiggins and Towns are young players, Towns struggled heavily because he couldn't handle double teams and his weak base relatively speaking prevented him from posting Clint Capela., problems young bigs face. It was this organization's first time in the playoffs in over a decade, it was those guys first time in games that matter. I feel like he overreacted and they gave up a lot to acquire him.

As for the playoffs we'll see. I don't understand why it's a forgone conclusion that they will lose to those teams. I could easily see Milwaukee bricking from 3 in the playoffs and Giannis struggling to close games in the half court. I could see Indiana getting into defensive slug fests and coming up short because of their offense. Philadelphia probably won't reach the Finals until Ben Simmons starts shooting jumpers anyway period. I don't see how them changing to more traditional isolation and P&R ball which only benefits Butler puts them any closer to contending. The offense they're running helps them because it helps Simmons and because they have limited floor spacers and prioritizes looks for Reddikk, Shamet, Korkmaz. Philadelphia doesn't have to win now just like Minnesota didn't. I don't understand the pressure put forth on these guys. They are two years removed from "the process". Right now this team isn't exactly deep or well constructed.

They're winning players should not be upset or bumping heads like this unless they looking for self. :mjpls:

Jimmy playing dribble, dribble long two ball isn't going to make them that much better. The core guys on this team are selfish. :manny:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yeah him and Motley are killing it in the G League. Motley just got called up to the main team and I expect Delgado will get a look post all star break. Glad he's coming around cause he looked average at best during summer league. We'll see what happens cause our rotation of Gortat and Boban has been shakey and down right awful at times.
How is Desi doing?