Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Celtics/Twolves game is a pretty good example of why I wasn't mad at Pop's criticism of the 3 point shot. None of the 4 factors really matter, FG%, FTA & makes, Turnovers & Rebounds.......

Boston isn't particularly doing anything better than the Wolves tonight but are winning solely on 3 point variance. They're making their 3s (16-39), the wolves aren't making theirs (9-26).

Turnovers are equal at 14, Rebounds at 37 a piece, Twolves have 2 more offensive rebounds, Twolves have driven more fouls.....
You don’t comprehend what you what you watch. You said one team isn’t doing anything better than the other team:comeon:If one team is shooting 41% and the other 33%, then one team is defending the perimter better than the other. That variably affects the outcome of the game. You just can’t ignore that.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
His defense sucks though

Oh, I sure as hell am not saying that he's an MVP candidate. I'm just saying that it's crazy he's literally putting out MVP-level numbers on offense.

Though, of course, having crap defense hasn't hurt the last two MVPs. :mjgrin:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
You don’t comprehend what you what you watch. You said one team isn’t doing anything better than the other team:comeon:If one team is shooting 41% and the other 33%, then one team is defending the perimter better than the other. That variably affects the outcome of the game. You just can’t ignore that.

I was speaking on everything but 3 point shooting. I can understand the frustration on the impact that the 3 point shot has on the game by old heads. It has such a huge impact that it almost erases doing everything else well. That was my only point.