Random NBA Observations 2018 - 2019

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
grayson looked really good as well, quick release without hesitation and fits that jazz offense seamlessly. hopefully he gets minutes during regular season, they have a logjam in the backcourt.
I got shytted on in the tourney thread saying he’s got a good chance to be a rotational player for years to come.

He plays really tough D, can shoot pretty decent, average facilitator and athletic enough to keep up with some guards in the league. He could be out the league in a few years but I wouldn’t Be shocked if he’s a 6th man down the road either :yeshrug:

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
I got shytted on in the tourney thread saying he’s got a good chance to be a rotational player for years to come.

He plays really tough D, can shoot pretty decent, average facilitator and athletic enough to keep up with some guards in the league. He could be out the league in a few years but I wouldn’t Be shocked if he’s a 6th man down the road either :yeshrug:

he's too versatile and smart to ever be out of the league IMO...even if he's never more than a 6th-9th man (I think he's eventually a starter), he brings alot of value with a varied skillset. he's a shooter/slasher/scorer, but even when his shot isn't falling, he can play PG/facilitate, competes/plays hard on D, and brings intangibles. I've been saying he's the next ginobili (w/ more of a mean/nasty streak) with bits of wade and eric gordon sprinkled in.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
That was against a Chinese team...

Nobody should be taking ANYTHING from that game. He’s feasted on better competition in the Euroleague.
He’s in better shape and his jumper looks better. I don’t care about statistics just the way he looks. He’s trim down losing some of the baby weight and his jumper looks more balanced. Also I rarely seen him catch and shoot and it looks great.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How will Gregg Popovich feel when Dwyane Wade retires? ‘Sad is not a bad word’

When Dwyane Wade retires following the season, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is going to be … sad.

“Sad is not a bad word,” Popovich said in advance of Sunday’s preseason game between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs. “You miss those kinds of guys. They don’t have to be on your team. Dirk [Nowitzki] will probably retire soon. Watching him over the years, it’s just a wonderful experience to be able to be there. And we have front row seats to watch these guys. Sure, a little piece goes away. And it sort of reminds you that you’re going to take a little hike soon also. Nobody stays forever.”

But the memories remain.

Like the two Finals series in 2013 and 2014 between the Heat and Spurs. Or the 2004 Olympics, when Popovich served as an assistant coach and a 22-year-old Wade served as a player on Team USA.

Popovich noticed Wade’s potential immediately.

“One never knows exactly what the limits are for each individual, but from the very beginning you could tell he was serious, he was competitive,” Popovich said thinking back to the 2004 Olympics. “He soaked things up and understood everything. Those were all good signs. You knew he was going to be something special.”

With Wade, 36, months away from retirement, the 69-year-old Popovich was asked if he’s surprised that he’s outlasted future NBA Hall of Famers like Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan and Wade.

“I don’t have to use my legs the way they do,” Popovich said with a smile. “I have an advantage. I just sit there.”

How will Gregg Popovich feel when Dwyane Wade retires? ‘Sad is not a bad word’