Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
In his first column for Bleacher Report, Ric Bucher writes that GMs from across the league are reporting that their owners have skyhigh/unrealistic expectations for the upcoming season. Bucher spoke to several execs and asked them about their chief concern for 2013/14 and Nets GM Billy King was the only one whose biggest concern centered on basketball. The expectation level of owners and front office turnover has changed the mindset of many execs who were once seeking the formula for success but are now zeroed in on survival.

The Pacers are a young squad with a payroll ($71.431MM) on the cusp of the luxury-tax threshold, but one opposing GM said that, for financial reasons, they will have a hard time ever fielding a team deeper in talent than this one. Danny Granger’s $14MM contract comes off the books next season, but that savings is wiped out by Paul George’s extension kicking in. The bottom line is that locking up free-agent-to-be Lance Stephenson will require stripping the roster of its current depth. “One thing I can tell you,” the exec said. “Indy is not paying the luxury tax.

Some are skeptical of Clippers coach Doc Rivers‘ praise for center DeAndre Jordan and his effort, but Bucher hears that it’s legit. “He’s more engaged than ever before,” a scout said of Jordan, who clashed with previous coach Vinny Del Negro. “He’s constantly talking on defense, and that’s new.” Of course, Rivers will have quite a bit of say in personnel in L.A.

One GM who was polled said the shift from commissioner David Stern to Adam Silver is his biggest worry. “I don’t know how much he thinks about the integrity of the game,” the GM said. “He’s more about selling widgets.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
That form either gonna get him blocked 90% of the time or he will get pressured to alter the shot enough to miss. :scusthov: maybe he won't miss wide open shots doe :yeshrug:
It's that disgusting hitch.
i5309j2YNB1KZ.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Surprised Tony Mitchell fell, he is still raw, but he is athletic as fukk. :whew:

Yeah I'm liking what I'm seeing out of him in regards to energy and just trying to make plays. Also Drummond is just a beast. A great piece that you don't have to run plays for that can get garbage buckets.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dre drummond just eats up rebounds man

how did he fall in the draft

i admittedly didnt see him play much at uconn but how was this potential overlooked?

this guy was drafted after terrence ross :dahell:

if the cavs took him they could have been SCARY good

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
dre drummond just eats up rebounds man

how did he fall in the draft

i admittedly didnt see him play much at uconn but how was this potential overlooked?

this guy was drafted after terrence ross :dahell:

if the cavs took him they could have been SCARY good

He shouldn't have fallen that far, BUT, the knocks on him were that he was a big time project and at UConn he was slackin off on a bad Huskies team