Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
WAIT ONE DARN MINUTE!!!

I missed the game...BUT, MONTY WILLIAMS HAD AUSTIN RIVERS WALKING THE BALL DOWN THE COURT IN A 3 PT GAME WITH 7 TO GO?!?!?!? AUSTIN "DOC'S SON" RIVERS?!?!?!?

NOT BRIAN ROBERTS?!?!?!? :dry:

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
Jimmer stans begging the Nuggets to rescue them from Sacramento. :mjpls:
3. The Jimmer. Yeah, he has pretty much been torn up over three years by crappy coaching -- and I mean crappy; Crappy owners, and very crappy teammates. He is starting to fit in after three years of trying. He was benched in favor of IT, who is fast and little, but wasn't the point guard Jimmer was in college and frankly shouldn't be the starting guard in SacTown. He was pushed ahead for the last two years by coaches and owners that didn't mind watching their team lose. Jimmer didn't get developed and is only now starting to see the court with any significant minutes -- and some of those have been fantastic like his recent 15 points in 16 minutes. Like every developing player, he lays an egg now and again and he continues to work to improve his defense -- which he is doing by the way.

Out of those three options, don't be blinded by color my friends. Lest we forget Jimmer proved that he was #1 in college and since that time has had no opportunity to develop (other than what he can do himself off season) with the Kings. Right now he is cheap and his contract only goes one year. He needs out of that pit called SacTown to do his thing. If the Nuggets don't like the way it is going, then at the end of the year, he is a free agent and they say goodbye to him.

As a resident of Fort Collins, I would buy tickets to see Jimmer just play 10 minutes a night. I think there are a good 5000 people just like me. He doesn't have to start, but as a team player coming off the bench -- he would be one helluva addition to the team. Personality-wise he fits wonderfully in a "team" and not with a bunch of selfish selfies like the Kings have -- and they will continue to lose with the crew they have.

One other thought. Jimmer's wife is from Denver area. He can be a hometown kid, just like Payton Manning. He can become part of the fabric of the community and be a long term player dedicated to the city and the team. That is the kind of player a town and team wants.

Lastly, I think Nuggets should take Jimmer with a one year extension so he can get adjusted and develop a bit. His confidence has been trashed by less deserving souls, so he needs a few pats on the back to get his legs back underneath him.

Might also note that Jimmer can play the 1 or the 2 very effectively. Malone of the Kings knows this and is actually hoping the Nuggets bite on Thornton so Jimmer can flip to the 2 position, but he is also realistic that he is likely stuck with the King of dinks, Thornton.

@Sonny Corinthos @khoff31 :mjpls:

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
Take him:dead:

Jimmer fans are the most delusional fans on gods green breh. Dude ceiling is a poor mans Ridinour
I'd take him as the 10th man off the bench that should only see minutes when Foye goes on a cold streak and we aren't making shots. but a regular rotation player? :camby:

I don't think we need the spectacle of cacs in the crowd barking "WE WANT JIMMER" at Shaw. :mjlol:

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
almost put 5Gs coli cash on the wolves winning tonight, just because I haven't had enough disappointments this week :lupe:

thank God the event was closed already :whew:

Daps
:leon: Rudy Gay has been really nice and playing up to his potential with the Kings so far.

20.5 PPG on 51% FG since arriving in Sacramento

Playing the best basketball of his career arguably

Meanwhile, DeRozan has been balling out since Rudy left too and should be in the conversation for the All-Star reserves IMO