Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Raptors +215 on ML with the point spread of +6.5 as a smaller hedge play.

9-1 in out last 10, including wins in OKC, Dallas and against Indiana. Let's see how real this team is.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...courtney-lee-memphis-grizzlies-jerryd-bayless

The Grizzlies, with nearly $7.5 million left of a trade exception they created in January 2013 by dealing Rudy Gay to Toronto, can use that exception to absorb Lee's contract, which runs for two more seasons at slightly more than $11 million after this season.

And Memphis is indeed said to be willing to take on the additional longterm salary left on Lee's contract in hopes that Lee could bring much-needed perimeter shooting to the Memphis offense. The Grizzlies are essentially relying on Mike Conley and Mike Miller for their 3-point threat in the wake of losing Quincy Pondexter for the season to a foot injury.

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
That's a good trade for both teams, and both players. Memphis is missing a guy like Lee.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Lee is most def a upgrade over Bayless...good move by the grizz

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
lol these refs wont allow Toronto to beat Miami...you can see it in the foul calls already...

Tony Brothers is a notorious Raptor killer with the bullshyt calls...

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
On the reason he had a procedure this time, better known as “the area of concern”: “Just a little swelling. That’s about it.”

On why he had a procedure and didn’t just rest it: “You don’t really know either way, resting or going in and doing surgery. Me personally, I’m just trying to do what’s best for me and my body and what’s best for me in the future.”

On how often he was having it drained: “Not often.”

On if he was feeling any pain: “Not at all.”

On if he ever talked to the team about playing through it: “There was nothing to play through. I was in no pain. Just playing basketball, trying to go out there and help my team win. Competing. And my knee just kept swelling and swelling, so I did what’s best.”

On him progressing quickly, getting off crutches to shooting free throws: “Not sure man. I just wake up, and try and get on the floor as quick as possible. Just try and do what’s best for my body and take it day by day.”

On how he said after his October scope he had his own timeline and if that applies this time: “I’m on always on the team’s page.”

On the team’s projected timetable: “I don’t pay no attention to those projections man. I just wake up and try to get better each and every day.”

On if he’d share what he’s thinking about his projection: “No.”

On where he’s at with his benchmarks: “You already said it. I was shooting free throws.”

On the benchmarks we don’t get to see him do: “And we’ll keep it that way.”

On when he might be able to go full contact: “That was funny. You asked the same thing [a different way]. That was cute.”

On getting the MRI then playing on Christmas: “I wasn’t in any pain and we wasn’t for sure anything was going on. I was going to get evaluated after the game anyway. I wasn’t in no danger of hurting myself or hurting my body or hurting anything else in my knee.”

On if there’s any doubt he’ll be the same explosive player: “Never. Never a doubt. Never a doubt.”

:youngsabo:

He probably trying to get back before the game against Miami at the end of the month.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Jan Vesley is the worst offensive player I have ever seen.

He has no touch around the basket, yet goes up soft all the time. Cannot catch the ball at all. Cannot shoot. He is an ok passer, I will give him that. He doesnt move off the ball. When he is on the court and we are in a half court set, it is basically 4 on 5.

Another terrible Wizards 3rd quarter. :sadbron:

Last edited: