Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Jonas is ranked 20th amongst Centers in the league as far offensive rebound rates. 23rd in defensive rebound rating.

How is this possible when he was playing with DeRozan and Rudy?

To put it simply hes not that good....he'll have a good game here and there with ALOT of mediocrity in between.Also he wasnt playing huge minutes...

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:wow: had no idea deng made 14 mil good look off loading that....

Matter of fact the bulls whole starting line-up is paid....
:what:

Rudy Gay's contract is absolutely horrific and he's due for 19 mil next season and you're telling me Deng's EXPIRING deal would be harder to move? Gay has been moved twice already

:heh:

Bulls front office is just trash and clueless

AVO

All My Friends Are Dead
Daps
Reppin
The 6(02)
“Social media, dress code, standing up during the game, uniform regulations — it’s the letter of the law around here, and we don’t have much say in it,” he said.

Then y'all should nt have signed that CBA

Two players were fined $15,000 early in November for a popular celebration that has been deemed obscene by the league.

:huh: whattheytalmbout, brehs?
Pretty sure it's the Big Balls celebration

belinelli-big-balls-dance.gif

Bu3AgLk.gif

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
To put it simply hes not that good....he'll have a good game here and there with ALOT of mediocrity in between.Also he wasnt playing huge minutes...

Why are his minutes so low? I know Centers traditionally develop slowly but he should be rebounding at a higher rate. Toronto is ass from the perimeter....he should be beasting.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
...A strategic look at the cap implications shows that the media and fans were right -- that even though Bryant fully deserves every penny that the Lakers pay him, his extension distances him from winning more titles before he retires. He might not have realized when he signed his contract that he was forgoing further title contention, but that effectively was the choice he made.
:mjpls:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Why are his minutes so low? I know Centers traditionally develop slowly but he should be rebounding at a higher rate. Toronto is ass from the perimeter....he should be beasting.

Casey doesnt like him....Truthfully only part of it is the coach,part of it is he just finds ways to fukk up when he gets chances...
Centers do take longer to develop but he honestly isnt developing at all and i actually question his work ethic at times...he seems too pout when he doesnt get touches and allows it to affect his entire game...

He shows flashes that he can be a beast on the boards and too many other games where he allows himself to get punked for 50/50 balls and just doesnt want them more than the other guy...His whole game has gone sideways this year,it hasnt improved at either end...

My theory on him is he just isnt THAT guy...a mediocre 5 who will have a few big games and dominate based on opponent but nowhere near an all star on the level of what Drummond will be...

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
JV sucks now? :laugh:

The book is out on him, he's got to expand his game. Vasquez will help him in the pnr.

He showed last year that given time he can improve his game, let's wait until March and see how he's doing then.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
JV sucks now? :laugh:

The book is out on him, he's got to expand his game. Vasquez will help him in the pnr.

He showed last year that given time he can improve his game, let's wait until March and see how he's doing then.

IMO he does....those stats back up what im seeing on the court....His numbers are mediocre and its not all the coaches fault...
Nor was it all Rumar's fault either,he hasnt progressed....and i know we like to project but sometimes players dont reach certain levels and i thknk JV is an example of a guy who just is what he is.....he sucks at both ends to deny that means you arent watching...it "may" improve but its hasnt over a season and thats what im observing....

He should be fined by the coaching staff every time he hesitates on a wide open jumper as well as starting his move out the block with 2 pump fakes,it doesnt work anymore,it hasnt worked since last pre season on Emeka Okafor its embarrasing him still trying it as his first move,is he paying attention that no one falls for it ?
and his D is beyond horrible,hes 21 but thats no excuse for the simpleton out of position fouls and mistakes he makes...Irony is he'd be the only guy in the league that bites on his own pumpfakes...every journeyman big and bum can put points on his head because he doesnt know how to stay in position and not bite on fakes and he constantly is caught over playing and over hedging...yes hes young but some of these mistakes for all his time playing pro ball shouldnt be made and shouldnt THIS long to correct

I was told he had pro game pedigree but hes light years behind guys whove played far less than him on the learning scale...

Hes a serviceable center in the league but this guys ceiling is mediocre...he has too far to go to be much more than that...Honestly id trade him in a deal to get me in the lottery next year no questions asked...Any of the top 6-7 picks next year will be better than him...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I think it should be noted and embarrasing to him that Tyler Hansbrough has come in and taken his mins most night,to me thats the biggest indictment on his lack of progress...and the fans that say its the coach and other players are lying to themselves...