Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
December 10, 2013
Wade Will Play for Heat in Showdown With Pacers
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
INDIANAPOLIS — Miami will have its three best players on the court Tuesday night at Indiana.

About 90 minutes before tip-off between the Eastern Conference's two best teams, coach Erik Spoelstra said Wade would play.

The 6-foot-4 guard went through a 20-minute workout before a final decision was made, but Wade said there was never any doubt in his mind that he would play.

"I missed the last game because it was a back-to-back and we had two days off, so I was playing the whole time," he said.

There were some questions about Wade's availability after he missed the team's morning shootaround at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, and Spoelstra added to the intrigue by playing it coy.

Following the workout, Spoelstra said he expected everyone to play for the two-time defending NBA champs but that he wouldn't put it in ink until 45 minutes before tip-off. By pregame warm-ups, Spoelstra had his answer.

"He was able to get a good workout in and he will go," Spoelstra said during his regular pregame availability.

Wade has missed six games this season, including three of the past four, primarily to keep his troublesome knees healthy.

The Heat (15-6) will be missing one potentially key player, forward Michael Beasley who will miss another game because of a left hamstring injury. Spoelstra said Beasley was "getting close" but would not play.

Meanwhile, the Pacers (18-3) were dealing with their own injury update.

After their morning shootaround, forward Danny Granger told reporters he was hopeful he could make his season debut Friday night against Charlotte.

Granger has missed all 21 games because of a strained left calf as his teammates grabbed the top spot in the Eastern Conference and entered Tuesday's game with the league's best record.

Granger's comments came shortly after coach Frank Vogel said there was no timetable for Granger's return.

When asked about the discrepancy during his pregame availability, Vogel downplayed it.

"He wants to play, he wants to play," Vogel said. "It's news that he said it to the media, but I know he wants to play."

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
@Ritzy Sharon

Is Gallo on the market?

:patrice:
nah, he's too important to this team. Young Gelato is our best defender and second best offensive player... and besides, even if we were looking to move him, his value is at a all-time low right now. he would need to come back first, prove he can stay healthy and perform at a high level.

Jordan Hamilton on the other hand... :skip:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
nah, he's too important to this team. Young Gelato is our best defender and second best offensive player... and besides, even if we were looking to move him, his value is at a all-time low right now. he would need to come back first, prove he can stay healthy and perform at a high level.

Jordan Hamilton on the other hand... :skip:

Alonzo Gee is an elite defender :troll:

Throw Arthur in……ya'll can have Andy V/Gee and Sacremento's 1st

:ehh:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just don't trust that organization to draft well. I think there are about 3-4 SG from this past draft that I'd take over McLemore (Oladipo, KCP,Tim).

Your entitled to that I would of only taken victor

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I honestly think Vic might be the worst of that group when it's all said and done. if Tim had Ben or KCP's minutes, he'd be posting ROY numbers.

I see a good career role player in hardaway.
KCP will be a shooter and 3rd option type guy.
Ben will be a smooth shooter and scorer who can get to the line.
Victor will be a potential all star

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
lotto protected? if it's unprotected I'll drive Gallo to the airport personally. :patrice:

The pick is top 12 protected. :patrice:

Could give Denver the rights to swap between that and the Grizzlies first in 2015 depending on how it lands. With the way the West is Memphis could easily be in the lotto next year.

Andy would be :ohlawd: for Denver at home….could run cats out the building at all positions.

:ehh: