Random NBA Observations 2013 - 2014

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Say breh, I sense some hostility, do we have beef? :lupe:

Considering Chris Grant's drafting strategy I'm actually surprised Faried didn't go 1 :smugfavre: And Jonas or Klay would have been a better look :Playahata:

Nah, ain't no beef. :smugdraper:

I realize you feel some type of way against the Cavs. And that's cool. Be fair in your judgements though. I see the same glaring issues in Washington and Detroit.

You don't focus your energy on that tho.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Oladipo is really going to lead the league in TO as a rookie lol

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Nah, ain't no beef. :smugdraper:

I realize you feel some type of way against the Cavs. And that's cool. Be fair in your judgements though. I see the same glaring issues in Washington and Detroit.

You don't focus your energy on that tho.

Because the Cavs could have been set up something serious, they whiffed on their picks to build a really good team around Kyrie and still lack a center. Breh, the number 1 pick in the draft caught a DNP tonight in a game where they didn't have their starting 2 guard, how can you feel good about the roster around Kyrie, when the alternative would have them looking like the second coming.

The Beal/Wall backcourt will be very good in the future, the only one that will be better resides in GS.

The Pistons have done excellent in the draft, considering where they have been picking they have made out great, their issue is Joe Dumars and capspace. Tony Mitchell is putting up better numbers than Bennett breh, Tony Mitchell the 37th pick.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because the Cavs could have been set up something serious, they whiffed on their picks to build a really good team around Kyrie and still lack a center. Breh, the number 1 pick in the draft caught a DNP tonight in a game where they didn't have their starting 2 guard, how can you feel good about the roster around Kyrie, when the alternative would have them looking like the second coming.

The Beal/Wall backcourt will be very good in the future, the only one that will be better resides in GS.

The Pistons have done excellent in the draft, considering where they have been picking they have made out great, their issue is Joe Dumars and capspace.
What the hell do you see in Beal? I watch dude most of last season and all this season. He wont even be better than Ben Gordon.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
What the hell do you see in Beal? I watch dude most of last season and all this season. He wont even be better than Ben Gordon.

A shooter that can play off Wall, he's no Luther Head but he should make an all-star team or two :troll:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Pistons have done excellent in the draft, considering where they have been picking they have made out great, their issue is Joe Dumars and capspace.

I can tell you with a straight face that I'm not sold on a Kyrie, Oladipo, Drummond led team that would win a championship in today's NBA climate.

Even if that was the current player mix, that would still suck as much as the roster you see today because of age, chemistry, and lack of experience.

I just saw you argue someone earlier that the way build around Kyrie is the same way you build around Curry. How in any way is that core similar to what Curry currently has?

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dbl-dbl number 2 for Terence Jones in only 4 games. Wouldnt mind seeing him get the whole pre-all-star break to showcase what he can do alongside an all-star center like Dwight.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
I can tell you with a straight face that I'm not sold on a Kyrie, Oladipo, Drummond led team that would win a championship in today's NBA climate.

Even if that was the current player mix, that would still suck as much as the roster you see today because of age, chemistry, and lack of experience.

I just saw you argue someone earlier that the way build around Kyrie is the same way you build around Curry. How in any way is that core similar to what Curry currently has?

But a you're sold on a Waiters, Thompson, Bennett and Kyrie led team potentially winning a title? Lets stop for a second and recall back to the draft, the Blazers wouldn't give up Aldridge for Waiters, Thompson and the first pick, dudes got laughed off the phone with that. But these are the guys that are going to make a title run?

When you're a small market team you absolutely have to kill it in the draft, you can't fukk up because you're not going to get the high level free agents. A Klay Thompson (Or Jonas), Drummond and whoever the hell they take this year would have been a much better start towards the road of winning than what they currently have. You would at least have the center position locked down, instead it's still up in the air whether Waiters is a starter on a good team.

This year they want to make the playoffs, yet there are 2 potential franchise players in the draft, they straight up hustling backwards.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
what can we get for derrick williams and shabazz :why:
130429024012-jason-collins-profile-single-image-cut.jpg

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
But a you're sold on a Waiters, Thompson, Bennett and Kyrie led team potentially winning a title? Lets stop for a second and recall back to the draft, the Blazers wouldn't give up Aldridge for Waiters, Thompson and the first pick, dudes got laughed off the phone with that. But these are the guys that are going to make a title run?

When you're a small market team you absolutely have to kill it in the draft, you can't fukk up because you're not going to get the high level free agents. A Klay Thompson (Or Jonas), Drummond and whoever the hell they take this year would have been a much better start towards the road of winning than what they currently have. You would at least have the center position locked down, instead it's still up in the air whether Waiters is a starter on a good team.

This year they want to make the playoffs, yet there are 2 potential franchise players in the draft, they straight up hustling backwards.

I've never said that the current core is championship ready or would ever win one. Whenever someone like yourself suggest that core (Irving, Oladipo, and Drummond) as if it's some sure fire plan to win a championship I look at it and know it's not enough.

I've already stated my issues with building around Kyrie a couple of times on this board. He needs a Klay Thompson at SG. But 6'6/6'7 elite shooting guards don't grow on trees.

You love revisionist drafting tho.

The Kings could've had DeMarcus and Drummond.....but chose Robinson. You make no comments about this.

The Wizards in one draft could've had Kawhi and Parsons instead of Vesely and Shelvin Mack. You make no comments about this.

Charlotte could be running a back court of Kemba and Klay. The possibilities are endless when you are a couch GM with the luxury we all have after seeing them play.

These are all small market teams stuck on the treadmill. Let's see how the Wizards, Kings, Bobcats, and Pistons end up over the next 2-3 years to validate your argument.