Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
I been :flabbynsick: these past few workouts, really need to get my calories up but its not as easy when you got school and work and all the other shyt

semtex

:)
Daps
I been :flabbynsick: these past few workouts, really need to get my calories up but its not as easy when you got school and work and all the other shyt
:leostare: 6oz peanuts= 1020 calories

1 cup almonds= 823 calories

1 cup walnuts= 800 calories

all very portable snacks

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
doing squats tonight and next to me this 45 yr old white guy wearing jeans is doing shrugs and then going up to the mirror, throwing air punches and then when hes done blows himself a kiss :dead:

i had to time my squats up with his shrugs so i wouldnt shyt myself mid rep

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

@Serious I know this stuff interest you as well.

Well, it started good touching on setpoint regulation and weight/diet obsession. Then fat acceptance jargon crept in and it went down hill from there.

Edit: Jimmies were rustled :pachaha:

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Well, it started good touching on setpoint regulation and weight/diet obsession. Then fat acceptance jargon crept in and it went down hill from there.

Edit: Jimmies were rustled :pachaha:
Yeah she got in the pulpit at the end. The basic concepts we new to me however.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Been itching to get in the gym since all this craziness started with the weather. Finally can get back to it today

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Something is wrong with my shoulders. It all happened after I did my pull-up workout last week. I don't know if I over did it.
I did cardio yesterday. I can't do anything heavy with my upper body.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
doing squats tonight and next to me this 45 yr old white guy wearing jeans is doing shrugs and then going up to the mirror, throwing air punches and then when hes done blows himself a kiss :dead:

i had to time my squats up with his shrugs so i wouldnt shyt myself mid rep
:russ: Gyms be housing some fukking weirdos...

:snoop:All this snow is making me hella lazy. Haven't been to the gym in days. I'll make up for it next week tho:youngsabo:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I've had so much experience with doctors, surgeons, and chiropractors. What's your issue? What region of the back?

2 weeks ago Monday (13th), my lower back started to tighten up during pickup ball...no specific instance, just a gradual feeling. The next couple days it was pretty rough. Friday morning it was brutal, but after icing it for 20 minutes it was almost pain free :ohh: I also officiated several HS bball games on Tues/Fri last week...with no issues. Was planning on taking a week or so off from lifting so it wasn't a big deal.

I rested for 10 days (besides reffing and some walking on the treadmill), and was nervous to play in a rec game last Wednesday. I played the whole game with no issues, and no issues thursday morning. A figured I was in the clear...so I played in a tournament on Saturday. Things tightened up again and from Sat night to Tues morning I felt like a cripple. By Tues afternoon it had started to loosen up, at least to the point where it didn't bother me walking around, though sitting/standing wasn't comfortable. I had a chiro appointment Tuesday afternoon, the first time I'd been to any kind of doctor in 5+ years. I got some x-rays and an adjustment...which was brutal. I'd read that a first adjustment can lead to pain so I was prepared...and Wed morning sucked.

Things gradually loosened up the last couple days, and I've got two games to work tomorrow night that I'm not at all worried about.

Now, I got my exam/xray results today...and it showed a slight straightening in my lumber area where it should be a slight curve...and a "rotated sacrum" that he said might be causing my pain. But he also said those are usually from old "hip sprain" injuries and things like that.

Long story short, they recommend some lengthy rehab plan that I'm sure will cost $100s/week to maintain. Including message, some PT work, Trigger Point Injections and more adjustments.

My problem is that I don't know if what the xrays showed is actually what is causing my pain. Or if what they showed is even a problem. I've read that visual evidence of an out of shape spine isn't really indicative of anything. I have no way of knowing whether I've had these same "problems" in my spine for decades.

I've got a free massage with them next week (Groupon :whew:), so I'll see how that feels. I'm leaning towards taking my results to a more "official" PT source for a second opinion.

Sorry for the essay :heh:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I am getting closer and closer to my ideal look. :blessed:

The V is coming in nicely, and I'm heavy up top in the shoulders and the chest popping :wow:

I should be good for cutting by late feb then I'll maintain and stack muscle on the frame for summer these hoes won't know what hit em :whew: