Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

trap101

All Star
Daps
The witchcraft and black magic used in these new age spandex.:hhh:..... allow all these hoes to give off the appearance of being fit when in truth not a goblet of sweat was expended in the Iron Temple...:scust:...... the criteria for these hoes to be blessed by my gawdly presence :blessed:is about to be more stringent than a SEALS Hell Week...:birdman:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
For muscle groups like shoulders and arms, is it necessary to do a lot of sets on these, as compound movements like bench, chins, dips also hit them.

E.g in a week I hit 16 chest sets, wouldn't 16 sets for shoulders as well be overkill as a lotta chest exercises also hit them.

Same for triceps, with all the benching, dips, shoulder pressing, do I still need to do many isolation exercises. :jbhmm:
Everybody is different but in my experience my arms and shoulders responded best to high volume (20+ working sets a week) and intensifiers (drop sets, cluster sets, partials, rest pause sets, etc.) split across two days.

Plus, rear and side delts don’t get hit as much on compound exercises as front delts so you're going to need to give them some specific training.

Overall, I would not worry about workload on one muscle group creating junk volume in another muscle group.

Last edited:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
The witchcraft and black magic used in these new age spandex.:hhh:..... allow all these hoes to give off the appearance of being fit when in truth not a goblet of sweat was expended in the Iron Temple...:scust:...... the criteria for these hoes to be blessed by my gawdly presence :blessed:is about to be more stringent than a SEALS Hell Week...:birdman:

If I don't meet or actually see her in the gym, I just assume she doesn't lift. :yeshrug:

Son Goku

Daps
@Son Goku

Gym brehs what’s your excuse for not being able to bench 3 plates, let alone two?

:francis:
  • Calisthenics.
  • I got long arms.
  • I just train for aesthetics.
  • Bench Press isn't "functional".
  • I'll just focus on doing more reps.
  • 99% of dudes on the street/coli can't bench 225 either.
  • I don't take creatine, #POWDA!, whey protein, or even vitamins.

In any case, we've done a bench receipts thread and a separate challenge and it has not turned out well.

@Brolic

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
You gonna run a dedicated strength block for the rest of the year?
Kinda, I've been sticking with the Boring But Strong/Big routine and switching lil things up to keep it fresh and it's been working, so I'll keep with it til I feel I hit a stopping point and then switch to something else.

Son Goku

Daps
Opened the other door to see what this jit wanted. I usually just stare at them then keep it moving. :demonic:

He talmbout he took his other car and left his keyfob on the other set of keys, can you let me in? :mjgrin:

I told him I don’t know you muhfukker; anybody can say they saw me in the gym yesterday; and showing me pictures on your phone of you in the gym doesn’t make you a member. :unimpressed:

Closed the door in his face and made him eat a 20 minute roundtrip L to go get that. :umad: :shaq: