Radio Shack declares bankruptcy! !!!!

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They had too many stores and the prices was too high.
Shocked they lasted this long.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a good ass read

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-02-02/inside-radioshack-s-slow-motion-collapse

Too long to post all of it but this part is accurate as a mugfukker, I remember when J bought my first phone I was in that bytch for like an hour with one Indian dude manning the store doing all of the paperwork:

But RadioShack had also found something it was good at. Cell phones were becoming popular, and customers were intrigued but intimidated. Wireless carriers and device manufacturers were looking for someone to hold first-time buyers’ hands. Given that RadioShack stores were already places where people sought technology advice, the chain was well-placed to play the role of helpful tutor. It didn’t hurt that the stores were everywhere. “It was a massive land grab to get everybody signed up, and RadioShack provided that scale,” says David Schick, managing director of equity research at Stifel Financial, the investment banking firm.

Roberts negotiated deals with carriers that gave RadioShack not only a cut of the initial device sale but also payments from customers’ monthly wireless bills. A longtime executive who left the company in the mid-2000s compared the wireless business to a narcotic, with the company bingeing on phone sales while ignoring the other parts of its business. The addiction had consequences. Signing someone up for a mobile contract took about 45 minutes, and many stores were staffed for long stretches by a single employee. Customers in search of help regularly left in frustration, and foot traffic began dropping, says Claire Babrowski, who in 2005 and 2006 served in various executive roles at the company.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I mean...why is it necessary now when most people can buy that stuff or better for less online?

Cause you have tech/computer experts. Just like Best Buy. You wanna spend $500 on a product that you haven't seen physically, and a tech expert to explain the pros and cons and specs of it to help a better decision on your purchase? :usure:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Hearing the word Radioshack reminds me of the walkman days and that time I was at a doctor appointment singing Dr.Dre lyrics mad loud in the waiting area and not realizing how loud I was. Mom grabbed my arm and all the white people were looking in horror.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Only time I go to like best buy is if I need to see the product how it works.

Ala see the picture quality of a TV, or how headphones sound or the tablet works.

Then I buy online from amazon or wherever and get it delivered to my front door.