beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The 'maid' was named Mammy Two Shoes :deadrose:
mammy-two-shoes.png

i dont wanna sound dumb,but how is this racist

are you fukking serious???? this is from the 50's and the ONLY adult character is an overweight black woman who appears to be wearing a maid's outfit, overweight, with house slippers speaking broken english. how in the hell is this NOT racist?!??!?! and lets not even talk about her being named "mammy two-shoes".

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
are you fukking serious???? this is from the 50's and the ONLY adult character is an overweight black woman who appears to be wearing a maid's outfit, overweight, with house slippers speaking broken english. how in the hell is this NOT racist?!??!?! and lets not even talk about her being named "mammy two-shoes".
I appreciate you and other breh stepping in I refuse to explain racism to white people :salute:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
they had a damn Trayvon episode where Peter shoots a hooded black man who turns out to actually be Cleveland Jr...and in the end they make Cleveland somehow take the blame for it all and all is well in the white world :dahell:
Not shocked at all because Family Guy always did things like that. I guess they've been getting away with it for so long they don't think twice about that.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
At one point, they DID literally cut the "Mammy" character out of Tom and Jerry and replace her with a white girl.
Before:

After:

I would actually say that in THIS cartoon, the "Mammy' character isn't actually all that racist. At least its HER house, she's not a maid in this one. They didn't really need to change this one.