William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps

And Hawaiians refer to black people as "popolo" (which means "blackberry")

Last edited by a moderator:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If they want to offend you, they'll just call you a ****** like everyone else lol. They are BLUNT our here. If they don't like you, you'll know by the body language looooong before they start popping shyt. Like any language (and one pigeoned to hell and back), there's different meanings to all kinds of shyt. And there's a gang of different peoples out here too. What means one thing in a Samoan household isn't the same as what it means in a Tongan, Pinoy, Hawaiian, or Micronesian home.

Yal really gotta stop scrounging YouTube hot takes...

I was ready to swing the first time this girl's mom referred to me as her popolo-something - then the girl explained it as popolo being old school lingo for sweet, hard to find, black nourishment :blessed:. I'm okay with that lol. Her brother and brother in-law still looking out for me way after the fact.

Its wild because they're the ones who jumped these kids coming out of 939 for talking shyt about UH football. It was so fukking petty. :dead: I'm dead ass you will lose every tooth in your mouth if you got something to say about that team.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
we are a rare unknown so we arent perceived as a threat but dont mistake that for love or something.

:snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

We're not rare and unknown out there.
They're BIG on reggae music, and black culture.
Obama and the rock is from Hawaii

Rare an unknown ....lmao

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once in Hawaii I wrote in the sand "this beach sucks" and a native got kissed at me. I was like 18 and my uncle backed me up tbh

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Have u ever been?

Yes, I've been. Beautiful place but not what it's hyped up to be, for various reasons. Mainly because of the level of poverty/homelessness and high cost of living.

If the end goal for black people is to reside where SOME white people are attacked and considered outsiders, then by all means, encourage that.

But it's pretty fukking foolish to act like Hawaiians are down with black people. :mjlol:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Yes, I've been. Beautiful place but not what it's hyped up to be, for various reasons. Mainly because of the level of poverty/homelessness and high cost of living.

If the end goal for black people is to reside where SOME white people are attacked and considered outsiders, then by all means, encourage that.

But it's pretty fukking foolish to act like Hawaiians are down with black people. :mjlol:

Sounds like Cali and NYC :manny:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps

I'll be there to laugh for the fukkery! Spoke to Cousin yesterday. She says she just got finished watching a Hawaiian grocery store owner literally kicked out a group of white people after following them around the store. :lolbron:
Not saying it's the new Mecca but that shyt is HILARIOUS! My cousin crazy like me so I know she was on that point and laugh time.

She said the store owners got major trust issues with white people.
"We don't WANT ur business fukking hoelie!"

:russ: I need footage next time.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
I'll be there to laugh for the fukkery! Spoke to Cousin yesterday. She says she just got finished watching a Hawaiian grocery store owner literally kick

Well good for you and your cousin.

Just know that there is NOWHERE on God's green earth where black people will be better received than wypipo.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Well good for you and your cousin.

Just know that there is NOWHERE on God's green earth where black people will be better received than wypipo.
There is literally nothing about that in this thread. Others brought those insecurities into this thread on some nervous about exposing whitey type shyt.

This was literally about white people. Why all the deflection to blks?
Also I've lived in several different countries around the world as a blk person and perceived blk hate is very exaggerated in my experiences. It's a way to discourage blks from traveling.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Damn. I keep saying this ain't nothing until when white supremacy is over it's gonna be hard as hell for white folks. Reap what you sow European :ehh:
Americacs power comes from the dollar once that collapses then they will see how people REALLY feel about them and i cant wait, i think the dollar is going to collasp before trump leaves office once that happens then you will see real change.