⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I got love out in Maui when I went on a family vacation years ago. Black folks can move freely out there.. But you could tell there was some tension even ten years ago between the native Hawaiians and white folks. Long time coming.
My cousin told me Natives in the police force be racially profiling white people:francis::lolbron:

Whites complain to the police and the police are like:jbhmm::bryan:

:banderas:

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I got love out in Maui when I went on a family vacation years ago. Black folks can move freely out there.. But you could tell there was some tension even ten years ago between the native Hawaiians and white folks. Long time coming.

Definitely but since your black/poc, it's all good. Like nobody messes with u unless it's a local who is disgruntled or the homeless.

People don't know, Hawaii has the one of the largest homeless population and they mostly Hang near wakiki beach.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Okay ya'll imma stop. I promise...:lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:
I lied.

The Struggle For Hawaiian Sovereignty - Introduction | Cultural Survival

As Hawaiians protested commercial development, they also began organizing to reclaim a land base. Land taken from the Hawaiian government at the overthrow - nearly two million acres - and lands awarded in compensation for military or other takings became the focus of intense organizing. Legal entities, political groups, and community coalitions called for some kind of reparation from the United States for its role in the overthrow of the Native government in 1893, and forced annexation in 1898.

The example of the "trust" lands is a good case study of the subjugation of Native Hawaiians. The American Congress allotted nearly 200,000 acres of the poorest agricultural lands to Native Hawaiians under the Hawaiian Homes Commission Act of 1921. Ostensibly for farm and residential use, the lands are marginal, situated in inaccessible areas, and undeveloped. Additionally, no monies were allocated to improve the lands.

Since its creation, the Hawaiian Homes trust has been administered first by the Territory of Hawai'i and then, in 1959, by the state of Hawai'i. Allegedly, the federal government has had oversight responsibility for the trust since its inception. In practice, however, the trust lands have been a readily available pool for every use but that stipulated in the Act.

These illegal uses now include airports, military reservations, public schools, public parks, even private homes and county refuse dumps. While these illegal uses continue, so too has the rise of legitimate applications for lots. By 1999, the waiting list for pastoral and residential lots on the islands of O'ahu, Maui, Hawai'i, Kaua'i, and Moloka'i totaled over 29,000 applicants. Meanwhile, illegal and other non-Native uses continue on more than 130,000 of the allotted 200,000 acres.

:ohhh:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Definitely but since your black/poc, it's all good. Like nobody messes with u unless it's a local who is disgruntled or the homeless.

People don't know, Hawaii has the one of the largest homeless population and they mostly Hang near wakiki beach.

I can understand why.

Place is expensive as shyt and this was back in '07 when I visited.

I started chopping it up with a (native) shop owner when I complained about the price of postcards and McDonald's. Dude started talking the cost of importing food and shyt and white people buying up real estate at high ass prices. Dude had three kids and including him and his wife, they lived in a two bedroom apartment in Kaanapali. Breh was stressing, talked about going to the mainland cause it was cheaper. I laughed when he said he wanted to move California.