Quit my job already after a 4 hour shift

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't openly sell my graphics like I should. I post my art, someone will hit me up and I'll do it if I like it. I'll be starting a website to sell in bulk as I'm involved with a niche about wrestling which is in need of advertising/promotional material. I'm getting $45 off 1 quick job within the next few days. Now times that with more actual daily clients? Easily brings in more than this dishwasher role which I'd have to break my back for hours just to even get a glimpse of 45 and really no future.

That's the truth. Do I "need" a job? No, not right now at least. Do I need to apply myself more? Yea. I'm not bumming out here. Just a 19 year old that didn't go by the blueprint. Ownership & freedom is my end goal. :yeshrug:
If you are legitimately good at graphic design, check out www.topcoder.com and see if there are any projects that need web site graphics created for web site projects.
They are a crowdsourcing-based contractor, so what they do is put out a competition among developers who have to come up with the solution. The top three developers get money. Everyone else gets zero. The company i worked for hired them, we eventually dropped them for a couple of issues. But other than that, some of their developers were full time and others were part time. They might have stuff you can do. I'm not 100% sure though.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Are you in school OP?
No, but I have to really get into a trade. I'd be in College right now but I gurantee I would have switched studies so I didn't want to waste money or time. I have a lot of interests but they flip flop. Going out for this firefighter assesment in November also so we'll see how that goes.

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
School might be a good idea if you haven't already gone, because you can get financial aid (grants, or loans etc) while you're taking classes

Edit: Just saw your last post about trades
:salute:

• Dap
Reactions: ADK

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
No, but I have to really get into a trade. I'd be in College right now but I gurantee I would have switched studies so I didn't want to waste money or time. I have a lot of interests but they flip flop. Going out for this firefighter assesment in November also so we'll see how that goes.
Good luck. Perseverance pays. Stay confident and things will work out.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Sorry Breh but I gotta neg you :dame: you been on here crying about no job for over a year and then you pull this
Ye ye I know. Either way I'll be starting my site tonight & make money that way instead of only working with 3 people every few weeks. I already have the targeted market following me.

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
Dishwashing :ahh: I used to enjoy doing that. I'd still be a dishwasher if I could find one that paid six figures. shyt is too chill. I would listen to music, be on the phone, troll the cooks, and all the while I never fell behind on them plates. The key is you have to work smarter, not harder. And no matter how hectic or busy it gets, dont let that get you outta your zone. I was in my klepto phase too during that time so whenever I worked 2nd shifts, during the breaks I'd find out where they kept alcohol unlocked, huge bottles of spices they had doubles of, and snacks on snacks on snacks :flabbynsick: I always worked at hotels though, like Marritotts, Gaylords, Hiltons, ext. I never worked at a stand alone restaurant

• Dap
Reactions: ADK

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
@SouthernColifornia my best friend want to chase p*ssy deal with headaches; I want to fukk bytches on film, get the chedakes

images

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Everything they do comes back to me. Racks 7 feet high & trash cans full of dishes. Meanwhile I'm hearing

"I'd leave the job but it's hard because of my criminal record"

"I think I'm going back to Chuck E. Cheese"

Then the guy who trained me stopped what he was doing and was like "What am I doing right now? I'm so close to walking out"

Meanwhile I'm working the hardest outta everyone making 7.50. shyt was a joke.

You gotta felony on your record breh?

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
You gotta felony on your record breh?
:russ:hell no.

This 1 white chick was saying that, she was 1 of the junkies. Then she told me her dad was a pastor. I found out so much about her life that night barely knowing her.