Quit my job already after a 4 hour shift

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
You have a job as a dishwasher because you don't have the necessary skills and experience to get a better paying job.
You know the deal, if you can find a better paying job, go ahead and apply for it.
Otherwise, you want to get paid doing a relatively mindless and simple job? Then do your job. You knew ahead of time that you were going to wash dishes, so why are you crying like a washed up Terrell Owens?
What you do doesn't define who you are. How you do your job defines your work ethic. I've had crappy jobs in the past. Without that experience, I would have been content staying in those jobs. But I knew there were better jobs and I had to stay with what I was doing knowing that I wasn't going to be doing that for the rest of my life, but if I quit, I couldn't use that crappy job as a stepping stone to better things.
Point is that shyt was low and wasn't worth my effort. I can get paid elsewhere where I'll actually have something to bite onto. Don't need them as a reference and I'll honestly make more selling my graphic art while applying to other places. I had a better paying seasonal job back in December.

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
Point is that shyt was low and wasn't worth my effort. I can get paid elsewhere where I'll actually have something to bite onto. Don't need them as a reference and I'll honestly make more selling my graphic art while applying to other places. I had a better paying seasonal job back in December.
Get a job at dollar tree it looks easy and you can post on the coli while ringing people out.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA

Sounds like your graphic art ain't selling. And, you don't have another job that pays better than the one you have now because what...you are slumming it as a dishwasher to pick up waitresses as side pieces or something?

So be honest with yourself, or be honest with the coli, what's really going on?
Nothing wrong with a dishwasher job if its paying bills.

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
Was a dishwasher at this bar in Hollywood a few years back, hated the shyt but the people I worked with made it a bit easier because everybody talked about how they had other goals, even my damn manager was training to be on the PGA tour :mjlol:

I made the most of the experience by sticking it out for a bit so I know what it felt like to work in a job I hated to motivate me in my career. Having to walk down sunset blvd. with old grease every day in still haunts me (nikkas had the trash/recycling room down the fukkin street :martin:) , makes staying up those extra hours working for myself feel like:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I'm bout to quit my job next week too OP. Got me fukked up with the bullshyt they expect me to deal with :camby:

• Dap
Reactions: ADK

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Sounds like your graphic art ain't selling. And, you don't have another job that pays better than the one you have now because what...you are slumming it as a dishwasher to pick up waitresses as side pieces or something?

So be honest with yourself, or be honest with the coli, what's really going on?
Nothing wrong with a dishwasher job if its paying bills.
I don't openly sell my graphics like I should. I post my art, someone will hit me up and I'll do it if I like it. I'll be starting a website to sell in bulk as I'm involved with a niche about wrestling which is in need of advertising/promotional material. I'm getting $45 off 1 quick job within the next few days. Now times that with more actual daily clients? Easily brings in more than this dishwasher role which I'd have to break my back for hours just to even get a glimpse of 45 and really no future.

That's the truth. Do I "need" a job? No, not right now at least. Do I need to apply myself more? Yea. I'm not bumming out here. Just a 19 year old that didn't go by the blueprint. Ownership & freedom is my end goal. :yeshrug: