Quit drinking six weeks ago. What is there to do on weekends?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I cant drink like that cause vodka have me forgettin shyt but I think tru_mac's answer is prolly what most feel

Alotta ppl dont got the patience to deal with or entertain muhfukkas unless they gotta buzz whether it be liquor/weed

With most people, I do feel this way with, so I just don't deal with most people in my free time. I don't drink at all though and won't ever do so just to be around or entertain folks either. I still have no problems dealing with, entertaining or being entertained by folks with similar interests as I and that don't annoy me.

Reckless

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ghost*Utmost:

Sounds like you're trying to improve yourself. I have fun weekend ideas.

--church
--sports (go play tennis or frisbee or flag football or soccer or golf; join a team)
--date women
--short day trips with friends/fam to beach, 6 Flags, museum, zoo, camping, etc
--take a college course; use weekends for study & HW
--take a 2nd, part time job to occupy your nights & weekends
--car repair & home improvement projects
--read non-fiction books to further educate yourself
--spend time with friends & family members (help Mom cook Sunday dinner, zoo/museum trips with kids, hear stories of old timers)
--volunteer at hospitals or prisons or homeless shelters, coach kids' sports teams, help community

lol..all of those are much more fun with alcohol..and yes I am including work and church

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
With most people, I do feel this way with, so I just don't deal with most people in my free time. I don't drink at all though and won't ever do so just to be around or entertain folks either. I still have no problems dealing with, entertaining or being entertained by folks with similar interests as I and that don't annoy me.

To the bolded: Its just like Reckless said above about that activity list aqualung posted, "those things might be fun, but they're even better with a buzz"

Its just like sex is fun, but its even better with some start up head

Once most ppl have sex with good head for the first time, aint no turning back now once they've been to the other side. Same thang with the drank

Shyt if alcohol didnt smell or have negative health/side effects then the drinking rate would probably triple

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
To the bolded: Its just like Reckless said above about that activity list aqualung posted, "those things might be fun, but they're even better with a buzz"

Its just like sex is fun, but its even better with some start up head

Once most ppl have sex with good head for the first time, aint no turning back now once they've been to the other side. Same thang with the drank

Shyt if alcohol didnt smell or have negative health/side effects then the drinking rate would probably triple

Is that a fact?:ld:

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is that a fact?:ld:

Thats why I said most ppl, not all. Well thats what it is on my end, and almost every other dude I know feels the same way. I'm sure you or somebody else could come up with a better analogy but I know you get what I'm sayin

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Been goin to my old bars, pool halls, and clubs but sober that shyt is BORING. Ideas?
I would recommend a hobby, art, music or sport that would take up your time on the evenings.
If you spend a lot of hours on a hobby, art, music or sport that you like, you are eventually going to become good or better.
You might be able to draw stick figures now, but a year later, you will be able to do watercolor landscape paintings. You might be able to play air guitar now, but a year later, you might be able to play songs. If you can walk a mile now, you might be able to run 10 miles a year from now.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Thats why I said most ppl, not all. Well thats what it is on my end, and almost every other dude I know feels the same way. I'm sure you or somebody else could come up with a better analogy but I know you get what I'm sayin

I'm saying, who's to say it's even most people. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of people might wish it was that way though, don't know if it's really like that though, lol. But I get what your trying to say with your analogy, despite feeling indifferent about it.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
How dare fockers criticize my list! YES, church can be fun on the weekends.

If all else fails, try that NEW pill Dr.s prescribe to quit smoking. Begins with "C." Pill turns off the pleasure receptors in the brain so that smoking & drinking become NO fun.
(side effects: dark and murderous thoughts & temptations, depressed daydreams, fantasies of homicidal mania, the urge to shoot up OR blow up your local post-office & grocery store & day care center)

BUT YOU WILL BE SOBER, DAMN IT

I know 2 medical doctors who are too scared to prescribe that pill anymore. heh heh

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
On a completely serious note: These suggestions actually resonate with me. I was kinda thinking about going back to church. When I was drinking it seemed ridiculous to get totally shyt faced Saturday then fall up in church sucking on 4 Altoids. Now - even though I am not what I would call a traditional Christian - Church seems a bit more reasonable... plus I have the impression that there are 161 single ladies that have been sitting on that thang for YEARS waiting for a fine specimen such as myself to invite them to my lair for Bible study.

Tis true I am sort of locked into old patterns becuase of my friends. They have driven me around for years (ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to drink and drive) so I kind of feel obligated to give back now that I can do the driving. I own a 9 foot pool table so the pool thing is a stab at starting a hobby, but damn it was sooo much more fun before. They have leagues at the pool hall so I am toying with the idea of joining one. At least I would have something to do besides stand around all night (on weekend outings).

I am an unheard of internet rapper, graf[x] artist, writer, and mediocre producer but - once again - all that shyt was sooo much better with a couple of brews. I used to buy a half a gal of shytty vodka, lock myself in my apartment, and bang out tracks all weekend. Now, after like 48 minutes, I'm like "Wonder what's on TV".

They got this new shyt called salt baths or something that I'm thinking of trying. Completely legal, but gives you the munchies.