Essential Quick Lil Gems on Dealing with Women

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
been on the dating sidelines for a while (was in a relationship for about 6 years) and back on the market and here is some advice and things I've picked up about today's environment.

-- Even though the apps feel like shooting fish in a barrel it's important to be selective. It's better to talk to or entertain a handful of seemingly quality women rather than juggling all your matches. You'll spread yourself thin and won't be able to focus on the ones worth entertaining.

-- When you match with a woman and after the initial messaging try to get her on a phone call or facetime asap. Texting can come off as dry, forced, unnatural, or doing too much if you don't know someone. People tend to open up and connect more when they can hear your voice. It also gives you a chance to listen carefully to get a better idea of who she is without wasting time further.

Two recent examples of this:
----Matched with a clair huxtable type. early 30's, looking for marriage, career focused, dressed well, straight wifey material nothing totish. Had a call with her and got her to feel relaxed and shorty started venting about some guy she was "talking to and only friendly with" for about a year. I asked if they were intimate she took about a 2-second pause and straight told me no :laff:Mind you I wouldn't even care if she was. but to straight lie like that was a turn-off and i didn't pursue further.

---- Matched with a teacher who use to call me sometimes twice per day (mind you she insisted on calling me first) and just vent about different shyt going on in her life. Sometimes she barely let me get a word in:laff:. One day she said some shyt that made me believe that she wanted to fukk or had a crush on a student.

-- Look out for Women using certain internet talking points. "i know my worth", "he was not giving me what I deserve", one even told me "I'm looking to be in a covenant with my husband where we make each other's life easier and joyful". A lot of these types turned out to be un or under-employed or someone's baby mama looking for a come-up.

-- If you're the one that's always initiating conversation or interactions immediately cut. A lot of these types are either looking for attention or think playing hard to get is a dating strategy.

-- Ignore the ones that are trying to spin after going ghost for no reason (no they're not going through something or whatever excuse they told you or you might be telling yourself)
---- I had one wishing me happy birthday last week after going ghost a week before and another just responded with "yes" by text to something i asked her 3 weeks ago:beli: I guess the Valentines day effect is real.

Overall spend time and energy on the ones that seem legit and are feeling you. I matched with a RN and initially, the texting was going nowhere so asked for her number and we really hit it off over the phone. Even went to see her at her job cause it was not far from mine and we just talked.
Took her out to a nice dinner a few days later and everything went well. My birthday was two days later and she took me to a nice steakhouse (she paid), bought me balloons, flowers, and a cologne. I'm definitely going to focus on her and see where things go:salute:

Don't sweat it bro. There are multiple reasons why. See my above.
Good stuff
Watch out for nurses

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
I guess the Valentines day effect is real.
Definitely. I had chicks I was dating suddenly go ghost and out of nowhere they have a "boyfriend", always some older ugly guy. And they posting stories with pictures with the dude.

They make a big show out of telling me we can't link up anymore because they have a boyfriend now

Just in time for Valentine's Day

I ain't tripping, just funny how it happens. Those must be the guys buying expensive stuff for Valentine's Day...I save money every 14th

In less than a month they'll be reposting videos and memes about being single

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I can't do women that need constant communication . I was talking to this 50 year old milf ..and she gets upset if I don't answer back within 10-30 minutes.
Lady I have a job and have hobbies , only people that have nothing else going on in their life can be texting/talking 24/7.
How old are you?

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Welp update: She told me we should get tested before we have sex, and I broke up with her, she even called me the worst boyfriend ever (LMAO). She texted me right after saying "can we talk?" and I blocked her on all social media. She gave me the run around saying "sex is a big step for me" and that was just a bunch of some other bullshyt, so I'm good. let it be known that this woman was shorter than me and overweight, so it wasn't about how she looked. I tried dating bigger women or the women that "no man wants" and got this bullshyt.

at 27 years old, still a virgin and 5'5 in height, I'm done chasing women. Dating app to dating app, women never liking me in real life, etc. I'm done with this shyt. It just feels like a waste of time, and I personally would rather move on with my life than to keep chasing something that I've never had luck with in the first place. If I get horny I'll buy a prostitute or some shyt. Thanks to you brehs for your advice and I'll be lurking this thread.

:salute:

EDIT: Before anyone says anything, this happened 2 days ago, so NO I DID NOT take her out for valentines day or buy her anything. She told me last week she got me a "boo basket" (whatever the fucc that is), but she can give it to another nikka she's fuccin, I don't care.

:hubie:

Last edited:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Welp update: She told me we should get tested before we have sex, and I broke up with her, she even called me the worst boyfriend ever (LMAO). She texted me right after saying "can we talk?" and I blocked her on all social media. She gave me the run around saying "sex is a big step for me" and that was just a bunch of some other bullshyt, so I'm good. let it be known that this woman was shorter than me and overweight, so it wasn't about how she looked. I tried dating bigger women or the women that "no man wants" and got this bullshyt.

at 27 years old, still a virgin and 5'5 in height, I'm done chasing women. Dating app to dating app, women never liking me in real life, etc. I'm done with this shyt. It just feels like a waste of time, and I personally would rather move on with my life than to keep chasing something that I've never had luck with in the first place. If I get horny I'll buy a prostitute or some shyt. Thanks to you brehs for your advice and I'll be lurking this thread.

Good shyt.

You should only be dating women you’re attracted to. Don’t waste your time trying to deal with a woman you aren’t attracted to / “no one wants”, she feels it and ultimately, you’re wasting each others time.

Get back in the lab, focus on yourself. I’m not saying abandon dating apps, but focus on real life interactions, use dating apps as an additional source, but not your main source of interaction.

Remember, you as a man control whether you want to be in a relationship, she controls sex, without sex, you shouldn’t even be speaking about a relationship. Especially not in 2024 lol.

Once you find a woman who really likes you, it’ll change your mindset completely. What woman won’t do, another will.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Good shyt.

You should only be dating women you’re attracted to. Don’t waste your time trying to deal with a woman you aren’t attracted to / “no one wants”, she feels it and ultimately, you’re wasting each others time.

Get back in the lab, focus on yourself. I’m not saying abandon dating apps, but focus on real life interactions, use dating apps as an additional source, but not your main source of interaction.

Remember, you as a man control whether you want to be in a relationship, she controls sex, without sex, you shouldn’t even be speaking about a relationship. Especially not in 2024 lol.

Once you find a woman who really likes you, it’ll change your mindset completely. What woman won’t do, another will.
I respect what you're saying breh, but i'm done with all of that. I had no luck with dating apps/no luck in real life. I never fit in with society (I still don't fit in at 27, lmao) which in turn made me anti-social. People thought I was gay before I got into this "relationship" actually. I just wanna work, make money to support myself and drink beer. I go to the gym too, but it's taking too long to make progress. I don't want kids either.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

EDIT: Before anyone says anything, this happened 2 days ago, so NO I DID NOT take her out for valentines day or buy her anything. She told me last week she got me a "boo basket" (whatever the fucc that is), but she can give it to another nikka she's fuccin, I don't care.

:hubie:
You need to decide if you even want a relationship or just sex