Quarry TV Series - Cinemax (Hitman in 1970's Post Vietnam/Official Thread/ Sep. 9th)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I finished this up. shyt is a very, very slow burn, but it was worth it. This show was great. I’m sad that it got cancelled after just one season.

Oh, and the cinematography is some of the best in television. 3 scenes stood out to me, the Vietnam fire fight (which was just a few long shots), the shootout at the carnival, and that car chase and fight where the camera was in the car with Mac as he was smashing his car against the other in real-time :whew:

8/10

Side note: That scene in the last episode where Mac kills those babies was very powerful. It gave me chills

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Just finished this... it was pretty good.

Question though, how did the bass player/goon know the son had the money?

Daps
I wasn't feeling this.

It was aimless and meandered too much. It tried to hit a heavy note, but it ended up being a dull echo.

It didn't have anything new to say or anything meaningful about the topics and tropes it hopscotched over. Buddy was the only character that had any narrative worth, which is why the violence he was the subject and object of felt real: the battle with his sexual identity, his coping mechanisms, the nature of his disposition, and his relationships (particularly with his mother).

The opposite rang true with Mac/Quarry - his journey/arc didn't quite reverberate the same which dragged everything down with it.