Public Enemy Announces Flavor Flav Is No Longer Part Of The Group

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
There is a reason it's not a good idea to bring your politics and religion to work with you. This. Not everybody shares your values and beliefs. But if you make sharing your beliefs a requirement of the business relationship you gonna break some relationships. If i found out my boss was making private donations to the trump compaign, i wouldn't say shyt about it. none of my business what he does in his own personal time. But if i found he was making donation in the companies name, i'd have to sever ties completely. Don't want to be seen to support a cause i don't believe in.

Chuck D should've keep his politics as a chuck d thing, and kept Public Enemy and as a music thing, this is his fault entirely, Can't blame Flava Flav.

He sold public enemy out for the Bernie bag.

It's as simple and pathetic as that.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Think Flav and Chuck and been having issues for years now. Hell back when Flavor of Love was on.. me and my friends joked that Chuck wasn't cool with that shyt :pachaha:

Always figured something like this would happen

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
He sold public enemy out for the Bernie bag.

It's as simple and pathetic as that.

You really think Chuck D is the sell out in this shyt despite Flava having a 30+ year history of c00ning.

"Chuck’s bandmate Flavor Flav, however, doesn’t necessarily share the same views. “I’m not really the politician of the group,” he told Billboard in his trailer after the show. “There’s a lot of people talking a lot of shyt about Trump, but guess what? He’s winning. The man is winning. I ain’t gonna lie, but listen, the United States has been ran a certain way for decades and decades and decades. You never know: Maybe Trump could possibly do something. Maybe he might step in office and do something. I’m not going to doubt him.”"

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
You really think Chuck D is the sell out in this shyt despite Flava having a 30+ year history of c00ning.

"Chuck’s bandmate Flavor Flav, however, doesn’t necessarily share the same views. “I’m not really the politician of the group,” he told Billboard in his trailer after the show. “There’s a lot of people talking a lot of shyt about Trump, but guess what? He’s winning. The man is winning. I ain’t gonna lie, but listen, the United States has been ran a certain way for decades and decades and decades. You never know: Maybe Trump could possibly do something. Maybe he might step in office and do something. I’m not going to doubt him.”"

neither Sanders or Trump is for black people so they both were all on that but Chuck, Chuck really thinks Sanders is going to come through for us...

Bernie Sanders and public enemy it just don't it don't mix.

It's pandering that's all it is.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Flavor Flav has a HISTORY of PROUDLY c00ning and EVERY ONE knows it.

Sounds like Chuck has had enough of it. Simple as that
This is what's puzzling to me

The man is exactly what most of these cats HATE

The shucking and the jiving...the putting on for white folks...thirsting after substandard white women...selling out ones soul for a VH1 reality TV show

And Chuck...who is exactly what they claim to be...he's the bad guy in this???

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
1. Playing political games isn't going to fill the gulf.
2. A dope fiend is a dope fiend is a dope fiend.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
This is what's puzzling to me

The man is exactly what most of these cats HATE

The shucking and the jiving...the putting on for white folks...thirsting after substandard white women...selling out ones soul for a VH1 reality TV show

And Chuck...who is exactly what they claim to be...he's the bad guy in this???
You knew breh was a wild boy but now you wanna act like it's an issue?

Turn on your boy for a jew brehs

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Let a Jew break up your crew brehs :francis:
Already happened. :francis:

Before the release of It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Professor Griff, in his role as Minister of Information, gave interviews to UK magazines on behalf of Public Enemy, during which he made homophobic and anti-Semiticremarks. In a 1988 issue of Melody Maker he stated, "There's no place for gays. When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, it was for that sort of behaviour" and "If the Palestinians took up arms, went into Israel and killed all the Jews, it'd be alright."[2][3] However, there was little controversy until May 22, 1989, when Griffin was interviewed by the Washington Times. At the time, Public Enemy enjoyed unprecedented mainstream attention with the single "Fight the Power" from the soundtrack of Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing.

During the interview with David Mills, Griffin made numerous statements such as "Jews are responsible for the majority of the wickedness in the world".[4][5]When the interview was published, a media firestorm emerged, and the band found itself under intense scrutiny.[3][6]

In a series of press conferences, Griffin was either fired, quit, or never left.[7] Def Jam co-founder Rick Rubin had already left the label by then; taking his place alongside Russell Simmons was Lyor Cohen, the son of Israeli immigrants who had run Rush Artist Management since 1985. Before the dust settled, Cohen claims to have arranged for a Holocaust Museum to give the band a private tour.[8]

Professor Griff - Wikipedia