Public Enemy Announces Flavor Flav Is No Longer Part Of The Group

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chuck is wrong though even if he owns public enemy legally. Bernie is clearly pandering for black peoples vote and using PE to present his facade as this power to the people, revolutionary when he's another politician. Bernie sat down with al Sharpton. :lolbron: that should tell you all you need to know.

When Flav did the flava of love, surreal life, bridget and flav, his drug troubles and all that, he claimed that under himself. He never put PE in that shyt. Chuck putting the whole brand in that Bernie shyt. Should have spoke to the group first but hes on some record exe type shyt. Sad shyt.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I'm not surprised PE been to hell and back with Flav from the drugs to the fukkery on reality TV and the law suits and who know what else.
Chuck is an old man, he is own man his brand and pen and his touring kept PE alive the last 20 years. I'm sure he been sick of the bullshyt I am actually surprised Flav lasted this long.

With that said I love Flav he is the ODB of PE in a sense.
As does Flav

To Flav's credit, I'm pretty sure he's made exponentially more money since his reality TV debut than he ever did with PE.

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I could see this coming when Flava of Love came out. I thought it was against most of the shyt PE stood for.

Straight Channel Zero shyt.

Although PE's biggest days are behind them, you hate to see it end this way. Big loss tho...Flav brought the right energy to tracks that colored the lyrics Chuck would spit.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
There is a reason it's not a good idea to bring your politics and religion to work with you. This. Not everybody shares your values and beliefs. But if you make sharing your beliefs a requirement of the business relationship you gonna break some relationships. If i found out my boss was making private donations to the trump compaign, i wouldn't say shyt about it. none of my business what he does in his own personal time. But if i found he was making donation in the companies name, i'd have to sever ties completely. Don't want to be seen to support a cause i don't believe in.

Chuck D should've keep his politics as a chuck d thing, and kept Public Enemy and as a music thing, this is his fault entirely, Can't blame Flava Flav.

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
Of course tlr thinks VH1 flav's a real one all of a sudden

:mjlol:

https://www.stereogum.com/1865971/c...at-sxsw-flavor-flav-is-like-not-so-fast/news/

Public Enemy are no strangers to politics, and Chuck D has been saying “fukk Donald Trump” for years. But now, in the wake of Trump’s terrifying presidential campaign, that sentiment is more applicable than ever, and Chuck knows it. During the legendary rap group’s performance at SXSW on Saturday, he once again made his feelings clear by shouting “Black Lives Matter! fukk Donald Trump!” into the mic while holding up his middle finger, as Billboard reports. “So far, the election is a bizarre show — I won’t make my decision until October, but seriously, the country is in turmoil,” he told Billboard backstage before the concert.

Chuck’s bandmate Flavor Flav, however, doesn’t necessarily share the same views. “I’m not really the politician of the group,” he told Billboard in his trailer after the show. “There’s a lot of people talking a lot of shyt about Trump, but guess what? He’s winning. The man is winning. I ain’t gonna lie, but listen, the United States has been ran a certain way for decades and decades and decades. You never know: Maybe Trump could possibly do something. Maybe he might step in office and do something. I’m not going to doubt him.”

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Anyone that actually follows the group, Flav's professional relationship with Chuck has been on tenuous ground for YEARS. I love Flav but the man has gotten into so much legal hot water to the chagrin of the group and they backed him through all of it. I think the Sanders thing was the straw the broke the camel's back. But it is what it is, hell Flav is his own brand now.

Last edited: