PUBG receives a Perfect 10 :MJlol

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
PUBG review: Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is imperfectly perfect

Battlegrounds is the refinement of a new language of play, but what may earn it a spot in the video game canon is that conceptual efficiency. It isn’t accessible for every player, but it’s understandable. Anybody can easily learn to read this game, to watch it, to spot the tension and excitement and drama. Critics and fans have speculated on how PUBG will operate as an esport, whether or not its pacing works for competitive play. But that ignores the obvious fact: Battlegrounds works as entertainment. Sport or not, it has found its audience of players and viewers alike.

I love the game but a 10 is :mjlol:. I would give it a 8.5 but a 10 is pushing the limit.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Am I the only one that thinks this is disgraceful? They're selling a broken, unfinished game like it's nothing. Why isn't the game done anyway? It's been out how long now? These fukking companies man...I hope this blows up in their face

It's the way of the industry now. Devs going to be like fukk it and sent out a DIY kit and it would still get highly praised for being "innovative" and "Breaking the mold" :francis:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
It's the way of the industry now. Devs going to be like fukk it and sent out a DIY kit and it would still get highly praised for being "innovative" and "Breaking the mold" :francis:
Microsoft has no shame right now man. I really don't want to support them. shyt is beyond disgraceful. Eventually consumers are going to push back against shyt like this. I mean look what happened with the lootbox shyt a few months back.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I don't like the idea of sending works in progress into the wild for sales, especially one with this much jank to it. However, having never played this game, for the amount of issues this game has had publicized and it's STILL selling like this, it's a phenomenon that the fun overcomes a lot of these issues and people come back for more. I can give flawed technical games a perfect score if the experience is worth it for me. I utterly hate Resident Evil 4's tank controls of the game but don't tell me that RE4 isn't a perfect game.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Am I the only one that thinks this is disgraceful? They're selling a broken, unfinished game like it's nothing. Why isn't the game done anyway? It's been out how long now? These fukking companies man...I hope this blows up in their face
Early access titles/paid betas have been up for a long time.
Selling an early access game in a retail box is crossing the line for me though. That's going too far

They want to score it a 10, that's fine. I never want to hear another word from Polygon ever again about gimped ports cause that is exactly what this game is. Never thought I'd see people praising a shooter running well under 30fps in damn near 2018.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Early access titles/paid betas have been up for a long time.
Selling an early access game in a retail box is crossing the line for me though. That's going too far

They want to score it a 10, that's fine. I never want to hear another word from Polygon ever again about gimped ports cause that is exactly what this game is. Never thought I'd see people praising a shooter running well under 30fps in damn near 2018.
All of this.

The blurring of the line between a complete and incomplete product is blasphemous.