PUBG Is A Successful Failure

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Fortnight is free and fun easy to pick up and light on requirements. It's an easy win.

I had a PS4 set up at a smoking lounge and of all the games we gave people access to that was the one they played the most and kept going back to.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Yall love flipping stuff, My whole point tied back to the whole multi plat games aren't as important or impactful as exclusives. But when it comes to profit, popularity the numbers show different. Exclusives just look good to these console war debates. Yeah they help move units but when its all said and done it benefits companies more to make multi plat games or have one that runs the best on there system, and multi plat games are more what the casual average gamer plays and cares about.

ignore that I wasn't just talking about the f2p fornite though....

But you got it:hubie:

:camby:

Bruh, 80% of your post was comparing PUBG and Fortnite, its kinda hard to ignore it. If you want it ignored you need to just delete it because as it stands you basically said If someone made God of War for every platform and made it free it would be more popular than an exclusive God of War that isnt free. Well no shyt.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall love flipping stuff, My whole point tied back to the whole multi plat games aren't as important or impactful as exclusives. But when it comes to profit, popularity the numbers show different. Exclusives just look good to these console war debates. Yeah they help move units but when its all said and done it benefits companies more to make multi plat games or have one that runs the best on there system, and multi plat games are more what the casual average gamer plays and cares about.

ignore that I wasn't just talking about the f2p fornite though....

But you got it:hubie:
Re-read your first post and then read mines. You're either not getting what you started or you're trolling. A free multiplat game that's basically the same as an alternative paid game on limited platforms is incomparable. like dude above me said, a free god of war for every platform would no doubt be more popular than a paid one. :dahell:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
PUBG is everything that people say doesn’t matter in this console “war” discussion.

It was a super popular game that was exclusively on PC then finally on Xbox and pc.

While in the mean time someone released another more colorful version on all platforms and it blew up bigger than PUBG could ever hope to be on 1 and then 2 platforms.

Multi plat games are what matter in the long run for mega success. (Unless your Nintendo) and even then....

Your red dead’s, gta’s Witcher’s mass effects, tekken, final fantasy, those all only got so big on one console. Once they branches out they became immensely more successful

Breh, fukk the bullshyt Fortnite blew because it was fukking free. Sure multi-console helps but don't downplay that one game is free and the other one isn't. You pulled this response waaaaaaaaaaay out of your ass.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Re-read your first post and then read mines. You're either not getting what you started or you're trolling. A free multiplat game that's basically the same as an alternative paid game on limited platforms is incomparable. like dude above me said, a free god of war for every platform would no doubt be more popular than a paid one. :dahell:

Your red dead’s, gta’s Witcher’s mass effects, tekken, final fantasy, those all only got so big on one console. Once they branches out they became immensely more successful

I understand that being free is a big part of the success I joke about how the game wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't because its not really that good. I was just making the correlation that it goes against the whole people get consoles and play there exclusives more than anything else.

Exclusives do move units but multi plats are what the majority of people are playing and they usually want to play it on the system that runs it best.

Clearly being free and on everything>>> paid on one thing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I understand that being free is a big part of the success I joke about how the game wouldn't be as popular if it wasn't because its not really that good. I was just making the correlation that it goes against the whole people get consoles and play there exclusives more than anything else.

You keep saying this but nobody said the bolded.

Clearly being free and on everything>>> paid on one thing.
Oh shyt really?

Pokemon Go>>>>>>>>>>Pokemon on 3DS.

Exclusives do move units but multi plats are what the majority of people are playing and they usually want to play it on the system that runs it best.
You're only pushing this angle because it suits your bias since Xbox is lacking in exclusives. The goal post is moving from big exclusives actually doing numbers to "Well the majority of people are playing multiplats.." Wow.

Majority of people don't care about playing on the system that runs it best since if that was true, the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X would be outselling the regular models. The original Xbox would've had more sales per game since that system was the most powerful in that gen. You know this but keep regurgitating nonsense.

Your thinly veiled stannery isn't fooling me breh :stopitslime:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You keep saying this but nobody said the bolded.

Oh shyt really?

Pokemon Go>>>>>>>>>>Pokemon on 3DS.

You're only pushing this angle because it suits your bias since Xbox is lacking in exclusives. The goal post is moving from big exclusives actually doing numbers to "Well the majority of people are playing multiplats.." Wow.

Majority of people don't care about playing on the system that runs it best since if that was true, the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X would be outselling the regular models. The original Xbox would've had more sales per game since that system was the most powerful in that gen. You know this but keep regurgitating nonsense.

Your thinly veiled stannery isn't fooling me breh :stopitslime:

No one said the bold in this thread but its common especially in this section

Pokemon go was a huge and important wave for pokemon and if the updated the game regularly and fixed the bugs it would probably still be huge. But it did a lot for the relevance pokemon and nintendo's pockets. As all these new generations left the og's and older people that play kind of meh...

I'm bias to the xbx but regardless of who's on top this has always been my view on it. People like and play multi plat games more than exclusives (outside of nintendo) exclusives. The want it on the consoles that runs it best with the least amount of lag, server issues and gameplay issues. Not necessarily the one that makes it the "prettiest"

My stannery is showing a bit more than usual though, I need to fix that:mjpls:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one said the bold in this thread but its common especially in this section

Pokemon go was a huge and important wave for pokemon and if the updated the game regularly and fixed the bugs it would probably still be huge. But it did a lot for the relevance pokemon and nintendo's pockets. As all these new generations left the og's and older people that play kind of meh...

I'm bias to the xbx but regardless of who's on top this has always been my view on it. People like and play multi plat games more than exclusives (outside of nintendo) exclusives. The want it on the consoles that runs it best with the least amount of lag, server issues and gameplay issues. Not necessarily the one that makes it the "prettiest"

My stannery is showing a bit more than usual though, I need to fix that:mjpls:
You're saying stuff that makes sense if you don't think about it.

Bolded is just random conjecture spoken out of context. I'm done.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're saying stuff that makes sense if you don't think about it.

Bolded is just random conjecture spoken out of context. I'm done.
:manny: You don't need context for facts, i'm literally saying the same thing everyone else is saying. But since I'm xbox bias people taking it a shot and playstation which it isnt. Or people are pointing out that its because fortnite is free (which it is imo) When I'm not just speaking on fornite but addressed that 1st because that's what the thread was about..... but I'm was putting together how most people and most ultra popular games aren't the exclusives one but ones on all platforms (common sense) but then when I say most people play the multiplats yall go:camby::heh:

Your casual gamers buys the system there friends have or buys the cheapest one or the one that has mario :mjlol:

After that the next crowd buys it based on exclusives

Unless you're online then its all about the exclusives.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Jim Sterling is the GOAT. He ain't from Harlem :dame:, but he's still the GOAT.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:manny: You don't need context for facts, i'm literally saying the same thing everyone else is saying. But since I'm xbox bias people taking it a shot and playstation which it isnt. Or people are pointing out that its because fortnite is free (which it is imo) When I'm not just speaking on fornite but addressed that 1st because that's what the thread was about..... but I'm was putting together how most people and most ultra popular games aren't the exclusives one but ones on all platforms (common sense) but then when I say most people play the multiplats yall go:camby::heh:

Your casual gamers buys the system there friends have or buys the cheapest one or the one that has mario :mjlol:

After that the next crowd buys it based on exclusives

Unless you're online then its all about the exclusives.
I'm not going to go back and forth.

Edit:NVM i'm wasting time here.

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Was this nikka @The Mad Titan trying to derail the thread? That video had nothing to do with his nonsense. Playerunknown tried to pull a fast one and got his ass handed to him by a free game with way less bugs. Then bytchass nikka tried to sue for some shyt that wasn't IP, after raping pc and Xbox gamers. FOH