Price?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How are trailers and stuff for VR shown to people without VR?
:troll:

Do we just take people's word for it that it's :gladbron:

you can stream VR games currently on twitch. They all look like shyt. Some shyt that would be in the 99 cent bin in CompUSA/Good Guys next to bejewled 3

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
We about to head up over to BB to try this shyt out. :lupe:

Experience PlayStation VR
Nowhere in Texas? You gotta be kidding me. Houston is like the 3rd or 4th biggest city in the country. :smh:

Edit: Nevermind, my internet was fukking up cuz of NoScipt. They do have units for testing around Houston. I might just make the drive, but who knows? I already know what VR is like, and I already bought the PSVR, so fukk it. :manny:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
if thats the case, then @MeachTheMonster is the real MVP. he called the shyt and didnt have to drop stacks on it :yeshrug:

Predicting this to fail is or not move the direction of gaming is the easiest stance there is on This subject

hey hey hey calm down now the Vita was fukking great!

Best place to play indie games
Remote Play was great on there(ymmv)
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN MACHINE
Best place to play PSX classics
Screen was beautiful

It FLOPPED but not because it was ass.

PS MOVE and EYE was floppy bird. It was great tech but there wasn't nothing serious out for it.

No, the Vita was a flop, who cares about how great the machine was

And Sony didn't not put resources into the Vita when they saw lackluster numbers in the beginning

Same with Move

The same will happen with PSVR

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Get the fukk out this thread bytch nikka. We don't allow fakkits in here.

how you gonna try and call me a fakkit when you was on a date with a man in japan :scust: #factsonly

ci9aqnN.jpg

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i just came back from Bestbuy with my boy.

The shyt started late so we waited around for like a hour before we got to use it. No lie, while we were waiting in line, the dudes in front of us(about 3 white dudes, some indian lady and her kid/husband tried it) made it look like they were playing it bad.

The indian lady was scared as soon as it started and took it off because of the sharks :mjlol:

My boy was like "This shyt don't look all that hot :ld:." I agreed. It looked quite frankly boring.

Once he put it on that nikka was like "DAMN :whoo: YO THIS shyt CRAZY" Dude had me snap chat the shyt :pachaha:

Dude looking around all hype and shyt. Since we black we naturally had more spirit and energy than the other dudes :obama: in front of us. Other people came around to see what was going on since we were much more lively.

Anyway I got on afterwards, and it took a minute to get it focused. The text was kind of blurry but it became focused once you adjusted it.

The graphics didn't really look great. The game I played(Battlezone) looked like some PS3ish graphics I guess and it wasn't super sharp or clear. I didn't notice any screendoor effect at all. I tried the Samsung Gear VR before it and I'd say the quality was just a tad bit better.
Once I put it on and got it focused I was completely immersed and graphics didn't even feel like a concern.

Edit: Thinking back on it, the FOV wasn't bad at all. Like, I didn't even think to myself"Man I wish I could see here." I turned all the around and saw my seat, the background, looking up etc. The image quality was pretty good. Granted I only played one demo but I was kind of impressed.

:pachaha: I kept trying to grab things in the cockpit because they looked so near. The framerate was smooth so I didn't feel any motion sickness or w/e.

My boy went from meh to wanting to buy it day one. I def think this thing will be a hit provided they come out with amazing games. The demos weren't anything I'd say is revolutionary gameplay wise but the immersion makes it so different from watching it through a screen.

I would've played more games but some other dudes came through wanting to see what was the hype about. Dudes started talking about Gran Turismo and shyt and everybody was like "YEAHHH SON THAT shyt GON BE HOT!"

All in all we were very impressed. I was on the fence but having tried it, I'd say it's def something that will be worth a buy provided that some good games drop day one.

TL:DR Don't judge VR from videos or even seeing it in person, you have to actually TRY IT to make impressions felt. It's really hard to showcase without trying.

WbYMlSq.jpg

I didn't take much videos as my phone was dying but honestly videos isn't the way to sell it. I think these VR demos should be done every weekend so people can actually try it. This shyt is not going to sell to someone unless you just buy things on impulse or w/e. Trying it is a whole nother experience. All in all, this isn't 3D or Kinect 3.0. This is def something that will only get better and better. VR is not a gimmick. It's a technology that as of right now works and will only get better. Better graphics, image quality, better games, applications etc will only further push this tech.

I'm not sure if I want to play RE7 on this thing :merchant: It REALLY feels like you're there. Like great headphones, Headset on you'll forget you're playing a game.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i just came back from Bestbuy with my boy.

The shyt started late so we waited around for like a hour before we got to use it. No lie, while we were waiting in line, the dudes in front of us(about 3 white dudes, some indian lady and her kid/husband tried it) made it look like they were playing it bad.

The indian lady was scared as soon as it started and took it off because of the sharks :mjlol:

My boy was like "This shyt don't look all that hot :ld:." I agreed. It looked quite frankly boring.

Once he put it on that nikka was like "DAMN :whoo: YO THIS shyt CRAZY" Dude had me snap chat the shyt :pachaha:

Dude looking around all hype and shyt. Since we black we naturally had more spirit and energy than the other dudes :obama: in front of us. Other people came around to see what was going on since we were much more lively.

Anyway I got on afterwards, and it took a minute to get it focused. The text was kind of blurry but it became focused once you adjusted it.

The graphics didn't really look great. The game I played(Battlezone) looked like some PS3ish graphics I guess and it wasn't super sharp or clear. I didn't notice any screendoor effect at all. I tried the Samsung Gear VR before it and I'd say the quality was just a tad bit better.
Once I put it on and got it focused I was completely immersed and graphics didn't even feel like a concern.

Edit: Thinking back on it, the FOV wasn't bad at all. Like, I didn't even think to myself"Man I wish I could see here." I turned all the around and saw my seat, the background, looking up etc. The image quality was pretty good. Granted I only played one demo but I was kind of impressed.

:pachaha: I kept trying to grab things in the cockpit because they looked so near. The framerate was smooth so I didn't feel any motion sickness or w/e.

My boy went from meh to wanting to buy it day one. I def think this thing will be a hit provided they come out with amazing games. The demos weren't anything I'd say is revolutionary gameplay wise but the immersion makes it so different from watching it through a screen.

I would've played more games but some other dudes came through wanting to see what was the hype about. Dudes started talking about Gran Turismo and shyt and everybody was like "YEAHHH SON THAT shyt GON BE HOT!"

All in all we were very impressed. I was on the fence but having tried it, I'd say it's def something that will be worth a buy provided that some good games drop day one.

TL:DR Don't judge VR from videos or even seeing it in person, you have to actually TRY IT to make impressions felt. It's really hard to showcase without trying.

WbYMlSq.jpg

I didn't take much videos as my phone was dying but honestly videos isn't the way to sell it. I think these VR demos should be done every weekend so people can actually try it. This shyt is not going to sell to someone unless you just buy things on impulse or w/e. Trying it is a whole nother experience. All in all, this isn't 3D or Kinect 3.0. This is def something that will only get better and better. VR is not a gimmick. It's a technology that as of right now works and will only get better. Better graphics, image quality, better games, applications etc will only further push this tech.

I'm not sure if I want to play RE7 on this thing :merchant: It REALLY feels like you're there. Like great headphones, Headset on you'll forget you're playing a game.
Yeah, I'm convinced all the VR haters actually haven't tried it in real life. You get a good game and that shyt will blow your mind. :wow:

No screen-door effect you say? :jbhmm: I'm skeptical, but then again, I'm very sensitive to resolution differences.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I'm convinced all the VR haters actually haven't tried it in real life. You get a good game and that shyt will blow your mind. :wow:

No screen-door effect you say? :jbhmm: I'm skeptical, but then again, I'm very sensitive to resolution differences.
The game I played probably made it harder to see. I didn't notice it. I only tried the Samsung Gear VR from a Tmobile store which I noticed right away. Maybe some games make it more noticeable??

I'm not going to lie, I wanted to play the Deep Ocean or EVE game but I was nervous that I probably would've gotten motion sickness or something so I said maybe a more grounded game would be safe. I would've played it again but other people came around. VR is def something that's not a gimmick. All it needs is a bunch of dope games, apps and uses and it'll be great. I can't even imagine the strides they'll hit in a few years.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Edit: Thinking back on it, the FOV wasn't bad at all. Like, I didn't even think to myself"Man I wish I could see here." I turned all the around and saw my seat, the background, looking up etc.
yeah the FOV doesn't bother me cause it's so easy to just turn your head to see over there

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh, and I forgot to mention but the headset was light and wasn't really heavy. After a while I kind of "forgot" I had it on.