WOAT
Daps
I still have 3 of these pre-ordered and don't know if I even want one

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still have 3 of these pre-ordered and don't know if I even want one
The build quality and comfort is good, no it's really great. Don't think because it's the cheapest option that it's some low quality "console crap" hardware contrasted to the Vive/Rift. I've seen plenty of impressions of people who have the Vive/Rift say they tried the PSVR and would buy it.

It's a great piece of hardware and there's likely to be some exclusive content for it that don't come to PC.

Posted this in the Vive thread but then I saw this thread so I will drop it here too, this is coming from myself as a Vive owner.

Sat down to demo the PSVR at best buy today and all I can say is the headset is INFINITELY more comfortable than the HTC vive. I was honestly very impressed with the device and when you consider it is only half the cost of the Vive it makes a very good value proposition. Played a little bit of eve valkyrie and I think I just may have to pick that one up now as I really enjoyed it.

It was kind of odd however as the demo attendant said he was not allowed to let anyone play London: The Heist because best buy forbade him to do so.. something about it being too violent. I found this kind of funny because as I said to him we were literally 10 feet from a screen playing call of duty adverts on repeat.. with dudes getting blown up and shot etc etc. As for the headset itself the experience wasnt 1:1 with the vive, I can't really articulate just WHY but something about it didn't seem as strong like.. maybe the 3D wasn't as good or I Just wasn't feeling as much "presence" as I do with the vive but it was something.

As I said earlier in the post I was still really impressed with the device, I am not trying to say its "HTC VIVE OR NOTHING" just that there is a noticible difference between the two. Anyone considering a PSVR as their entry point should rest easy, I think this thing is totally the real deal and it doesn't feel at all like a "cheap" alternative. I am really excited to see the behemoth that is Sony behind VR in general because I think it can only help to drive things forward for everyone.

Definitely a thumbs up for this device :D.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
played it, it's a gimmick. Peep how nobody is talking about games. They talking about tech demos :mjlol:

Lets stop saying "if" they make good games because good games have not been plentiful over there. Greatness awaits they say. So far there is NOTHING to talk about here...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
played it, it's a gimmick. Peep how nobody is talking about games. They talking about tech demos :mjlol:

Lets stop saying "if" they make good games because good games have not been plentiful over there. Greatness awaits they say. So far there is NOTHING to talk about here...
Kinect better right?

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota

im surprised you hating on VR when you loved gimmick stuff like Wii and Kinect. But then i remember who you were..:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
samsung gear vr blew my fukking mind with just the shark demo and the space ship landing demo

it really does feel like you're THERE IN THE GAME

there is no way to market this shyt besides just trying it

you cant convey the sense of realism and space without trying it

im itching to get a VR headset as soon as i can.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
28949204711_a13e46735c.jpg

We’ve been working tirelessly on Driveclub VR for more than a year now, to bring you the definitive and most immersive Driveclub experience possible.

We’re passionate about trying to create the most memorable and exhilarating gaming experiences possible, so being given the opportunity to take Driveclub to a more immersive level thanks to VR is really thrilling.

This not only allows players to truly feel the incredible speed, sensation, and precision of driving some of the world’s most exotic high-performance cars, but also the chance to race against or with one another in a completely new way.

• Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges.
  • Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations.
  • A closer look: More than 80 cars are recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode.
  • Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
  • Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...out-this-year/

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
28949204711_a13e46735c.jpg

We’ve been working tirelessly on Driveclub VR for more than a year now, to bring you the definitive and most immersive Driveclub experience possible.

We’re passionate about trying to create the most memorable and exhilarating gaming experiences possible, so being given the opportunity to take Driveclub to a more immersive level thanks to VR is really thrilling.

This not only allows players to truly feel the incredible speed, sensation, and precision of driving some of the world’s most exotic high-performance cars, but also the chance to race against or with one another in a completely new way.

• Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges.
  • Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations.
  • A closer look: More than 80 cars are recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode.
  • Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
  • Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...out-this-year/

I'm optimistic about this and resident evil in VR. Still skeptical about VR in general though.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
You getting the PS4 Neo?
$400 can go to a lot of things for me. My hobbies are all expensive. Might by a new lens for my camera or upgrade some studio gear.

Im leaning more toward the neo, but with FFXV getting pushed back, the immediate need for it has kind of diminished.