PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Rekkapryde and @Fatboi1 told me that backwards compatibility is impossible due to the complex nature of the ps3 architecture but then admitted that PSnow streams those same games from a pc...so....yeah...Sony is whack for that and is only concerned with trying to recoup that hole in their pocket from their Gaikai purchase.

You can’t convince me to stop hating Sony for this crap. Why can I play Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 on Xbox but can’t on PS4? Stop sticking up for Sony greed. It’s 100% possible to be a fan of a console and hate some of the stuff the company behind it does. I have similar opinions about Apple.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Rekkapryde and @Fatboi1 told me that backwards compatibility is impossible due to the complex nature of the ps3 architecture but then admitted that PSnow streams those same games from a pc...so....yeah...Sony is whack for that and is only concerned with trying to recoup that hole in their pocket from their Gaikai purchase.

You can’t convince me to stop hating Sony for this crap. Why can I play Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 on Xbox but can’t on PS4? Stop sticking up for Sony greed. It’s 100% possible to be a fan of a console and hate some of the stuff the company behind it does. I have similar opinions about Apple.
Nah it can be justified on the idea that a company shouldnt waste resources trying to placate older technology.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Why buy a PS5 to play games from older generations? Shyt makes no sense
And neither does the premise of your question. Nobody is buying the next console to solely play those older games. If you got rid of your PS, PS2, or PS3, or they up and start working but you really want to play one of those games, you're shyt out of luck.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nah it can be justified on the idea that a company shouldnt waste resources trying to placate older technology.
Ummmm....isn’t that exactly what they did with PSNow?
They thought people were going to be happy with paying to stream games including a ton of old gen ones. Meanwhile, Microsoft said “if you want to play your old games, just pop your old disc in, or if you own it digitally, it’ll show up in your library for you to download...no extra subscription necessary”.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
s-l400.jpg

:wow:goat console.