PS5 Release May Look Like the NES Release in 1985: To Pre-Order or Not to Pre-Order?

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
What day one games are you getting?
Spider-Man isn’t enough for me to cop the console day one. Spider man, Horizon, and Resident Evil would be enough. Spider-Man by itself? Nah

I sold my PS4 late last year because I was working too much to play it anymore and it was collecting dust... then Corona happened. I'm dying for a console now, so I may pre-order.

I missed out on the OG Spiderman game and I kinda slept on TLOU and Horizon, so I'm going to catch up. It's enough for me, with the upcoming hype, to warrant a pre-order.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
not a single video or preview of a game in this thread.

I wish I was excited, but I'm not. I'm not buying a console off hype. I've watched sports games dwindle down to less and less with each new console.

I have to have more than FPS games.

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
not a single video or preview of a game in this thread.

I wish I was excited, but I'm not. I'm not buying a console off hype. I've watched sports games dwindle down to less and less with each new console.

I have to have more than FPS games.

If you're in it for sports games, then either console will do.

The hype for the exclusive games coming to PS5 isn't misplaced; they have a proven track record; Sony is on auto-pilot.

I'll admit, my gaming taste is very restrictive(I don't care for Sony platformers, pure RPG's, survival horror games & racing), but I'm going to give it a chance this generation. For me, it's worth the early investment.

I didn't share any videos because everyone's gaming taste is different. Some people are waiting because there isn't any games that they want to play at launch or they are still playing games from last generation. They're entitled to their opinion.

I cannot convince anyone to pre-order... and this isn't what this thread is about... it's an observation thread on current and possible trends.

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you're in it for sports games, outside of MLB: The Show(PS exclusive), then either console will do.

The hype for the exclusive games coming to PS5 isn't misplaced; they have a proven track record; Sony is on auto-pilot.

I'll admit, my gaming taste is very restrictive(I don't care for Sony platformers, pure RPG's, survival horror games & racing), but I'm going to give it a chance this generation. For me, it's worth the early investment.

I didn't share any videos because everyone's gaming taste is different. Some people are waiting because there isn't any games that they want to play at launch or they are still playing games from last generation. They're entitled to their opinion.

I cannot convince anyone to pre-order... and this isn't what this thread is about... it's an observation thread on current and possible trends.

The Show is also coming to Xbox btw

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I didnt buy my PS4 for till 2017

Any time they jump to a new system it takes them 2 years to learn the hardware and to make anything that's truly different than the last generation

Most games will come out on the PS 4:anyway :yeshrug:

Daps
I sold my PS4 late last year because I was working too much to play it anymore and it was collecting dust... then Corona happened. I'm dying for a console now, so I may pre-order.

I missed out on the OG Spiderman game and I kinda slept on TLOU and Horizon, so I'm going to catch up. It's enough for me, with the upcoming hype, to warrant a pre-order.
:ufdup:
Why would you do something like that ? :bryan:

Daps
I didnt buy my PS4 for till 2017

Any time they jump to a new system it takes them 2 years to learn the hardware and to make anything that's truly different than the last generationno th

Most games will come out on the PS 4:anyway :yeshrug:
no they won't
next gen will be a little different as Sony and their developers have been preparing and developing for the PS5 for years
the PS5 is the easiest playstation console to develop for and Sony plans on releasing AAA games faster and earlier in the playstation cycle than any other playstation console before it

"As we move towards the next-generation in 2020, one of our tasks -- probably our main task -- is to take that community and transition it from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5, and at a scale and pace that we've never delivered on before.

"One thing that makes me particularly optimistic that what we're hearing from developers and publishers, is the ease in which they are able to get code running on PlayStation 5 is way beyond any experience they've had on any other PlayStation platform."

Last edited:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
:ufdup:
Why would you do something like that ? :bryan:

I work 12 hours a day for at least 13 days out of every month...when I get off, my day is generally over; I have to shower, eat & sleep for the next shift.

Then I started working CRAZY OT so I had maybe 3-4 days off per month.

It was collecting dust and FIFA (my favorite game) was very buggy; damn near unplayable!

So I sold it... and the 8TB hard drive that I bought... which was a dumber move

:snoop:

Daps
I work 12 hours a day for at least 13 days out of every month...when I get off, my day is generally over; I have to shower, eat & sleep for the next shift.

Then I started working CRAZY OT so I had maybe 3-4 days off per month.

It was collecting dust and FIFA (my favorite game) was very buggy; damn near unplayable!

So I sold it... and the 8TB hard drive that I bought... which was a dumber move

:snoop:
you don't know what you have until it's gone :yeshrug: