PS5 Release May Look Like the NES Release in 1985: To Pre-Order or Not to Pre-Order?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I was almost 3 years old when the Original NES console dropped in October 1985. I was lucky to get one in 86 because my dad bought both Sega Master System & NES, then let me choose one while giving the other to his baby brother. I chose wisely! Lol Folks were waiting YEARS on YEARS after its initial release to get a system, its peripherals and some all-time great games... like the Power Pad which they discontinued after limited release and Mike Tyson's Punch Out which nikkas is still waiting even though there are emulators. lol

The reason for this thread is because I believe A LOT of XBox users are about to jump ship, so the demand for units will rise exponentially; 10 million units in the first 3-6 months will not be enough for all of the PS loyalists and the Xbox fans that are jumping ship to have one, even if you tend to be an early adopter. For those us that wait, we could be looking 2022 at minimum before the rush for consoles is over!

Sony is going to name the price of their consoles and people will pay due to Microsoft's incompetence & COVID . Resellers will find a way and will sell at double the price.

I don't think there isn't much of a radical change between the PS4 pro and PS5 to expect a high hardware failure that is common with Sony and, honestly, all gaming consoles.

For these reasons, I think I'll be in line for a pre-order. I don't want to experience what happened in the 80s with Nintendo!
I don't recall your version of Nintendo history. I remember playing Mario in a local arcade inside of a drug store like a rite-aid (people's drug was the name) and then one day in September/ October of 86 or whatever year it launched I go to a friend's house and he has it. Super fukkin Mario on his TV in his bedroom. That Christmas myself and every other kid in existence wanted it and got it. Never heard anything about a drought, everyone I knew had one.

Now Mike Tyson's punch-out, you could be right but i was too young to know if there was shortages but it would explain why i didn't get it. That was the only present I asked for that Christmas, was pissed I didn't get it. My brothers friend came over later that day with his copy he got for Christmas and he ended up leaving it for 2 days (Christmas landed on a Friday that year) he came back for it Sunday night. I already beat Tyson, took me less than 48hrs to master. This was before 007-373-5963 was known...

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Not a lot of games at launch, personally waiting on some alternative colorways. Don't see the need to rush :yeshrug:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You guys are like kids. Nothing worth a day one purchase on either console.
Why the fukk do you keep pretending like you’re above console wars when you’re the most emotionally retarded poster on here regarding Xbox? At least the rest of us just joke around but your bytch ass gets legit angry 24/7 at anyone who so as much as say a tiny bad word about your console. Foh.