PS5 Release May Look Like the NES Release in 1985: To Pre-Order or Not to Pre-Order?

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I was almost 3 years old when the Original NES console dropped in October 1985. I was lucky to get one in 86 because my dad bought both Sega Master System & NES, then let me choose one while giving the other to his baby brother. I chose wisely! Lol Folks were waiting YEARS on YEARS after its initial release to get a system, its peripherals and some all-time great games... like the Power Pad which they discontinued after limited release and Mike Tyson's Punch Out which nikkas is still waiting even though there are emulators. lol

The reason for this thread is because I believe A LOT of XBox users are about to jump ship, so the demand for units will rise exponentially; 10 million units in the first 3-6 months will not be enough for all of the PS loyalists and the Xbox fans that are jumping ship to have one, even if you tend to be an early adopter. For those us that wait, we could be looking 2022 at minimum before the rush for consoles is over!

Sony is going to name the price of their consoles and people will pay due to Microsoft's incompetence & COVID . Resellers will find a way and will sell at double the price.

I don't think there isn't much of a radical change between the PS4 pro and PS5 to expect a high hardware failure that is common with Sony and, honestly, all gaming consoles.

For these reasons, I think I'll be in line for a pre-order. I don't want to experience what happened in the 80s with Nintendo!

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
:ohhh:

Don’t even wish or think this shyt Into existence OP :picard:

I’ll be on the pre order wave the second I find out, but I would be the ultimate sad boy if I had to sit on the sideline and wait a year or more for the next wave of consoles

I don't want this to happen, but the possibility is real!

I'm (trying to) updating my Sony account email preferences right now so I can receive that email when pre-orders go LIVE!

There isn’t that many Xbox fans around to make sales jump that much :mjlol:

Just another day for Sony gang to sell a 100 m plus console

I don't know where you're from, but in the States, Microsoft still has a huge following.

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
i don't think everybody is ready to switch to a PS5

the scalper nikkas gonna be the people to beat if they don't do in store line releases, fukking buying up all the product to resell

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
i don't think everybody is ready to switch to a PS5

the scalper nikkas gonna be the people to beat if they don't do in store line releases, fukking buying up all the product to resell
yeah im gonna stick with my 4 for a bit, got a long backlog. i also remember after the ps3 released we still got a lot of fire ps2 games like god of war 2 and persona 4. ps4 was highly popular like the 2 so i could see us getting more ps4 heat in the next year or so

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
What day one games are you getting?
Spider-Man isn’t enough for me to cop the console day one. Spider man, Horizon, and Resident Evil would be enough. Spider-Man by itself? Nah

This is precisely why it's not gonna be as crazy as OP is making it seem. There's nothing to cop for like a year and a half. On both sides, before people start talking stan wars.