PS5 pre-orders start 9/17/2020

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

The poster that made that thread used the wrong terminology. It’s not a memory card. It’s a M2 form factor solid state drive (SSD) which is the next generation/iteration of storage drives. It’s analogous to the bigger hard drives (HDD) that are used in PS3, PS4 and last generation XBoxes but much smaller and much faster.

Out of the box, both the XBoxes and PS5s will have M2 drives installed so you don’t have to buy one on day one. The capacity is currently much smaller and more expensive than standard HDDs and SDDs you’ll find so if you have a lot of games you may eventually have to cop another one to give you more storage. Hopefully that’s a minute down the road so the price can drop and the capacity can get bigger.

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
the auth hold is reoccurring

Best Buy is exact the same way which makes me suspect that they’ve probably had a lot of cancellations due to insufficient funds. The difference is they aren’t making them available to order unlike target.

Target’s method is frustrating as hell but it’s definitely clutch for people who didn’t get one day one. By them putting cancelled orders back on the “shelf” people are able to buy them even now. Without them I wouldn’t have been able to cop mine.

I wish other retailers like BB and Walmart would do it too.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So brehs, what's a guesstimate on how long am I gonna have to wait to find a PS5 since I couldn't preorder? I'm sitting on 2 stacks and all I could preorder was the DS5, Pulse headset, and media remote...

UnimportantGreenBadger-size_restricted.gif

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Target’s method is frustrating as hell but it’s definitely clutch for people who didn’t get one day one. By them putting cancelled orders back on the “shelf” people are able to buy them even now. Without them I wouldn’t have been able to cop mine.

I wish other retailers like BB and Walmart would do it too.

agreed

Orders should be made available to serious buyers. These type of preorders aren’t realistic for the average person.

Target is looking like a done deal for the ps5. The method is still available for Xbox buyers.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
agreed

Orders should be made available to serious buyers. These type of preorders aren’t realistic for the average person.

Target is looking like a done deal for the ps5. The method is still available for Xbox buyers.

Yep. The lure of these preorders from most retailers is it’s not a “real” order and won’t charge until it ships. This makes it way more attainable for some people since they don’t have to have the money upfront. I would have been fine praying the out of the door price immediately and waiting the 7-8 weeks to get one on release day.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the auth hold is reoccurring

Best Buy is exact the same way which makes me suspect that they’ve probably had a lot of cancellations due to insufficient funds. The difference is they aren’t making them available to order unlike target.
I've haven't had Best Buy do this for anything. If I buy something pre-order from them for the first couple days there's a hold then it goes away and a day or so before release I'm charged.

It wouldn't bother me either way because most of my cards have $10k+ limits and I keep my utilization under 3%.

This probably only bothers people with debit cards and one should never use a debit card for anything other than ATM withdrawals and getting cash back at a store. Credit cards are better even if you have bad credit and have to work up from a secured card.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've haven't had Best Buy do this for anything. If I buy something pre-order from them for the first couple days there's a hold then it goes away and a day or so before release I'm charged.

It wouldn't bother me either way because most of my cards have $10k+ limits and I keep my utilization under 3%.

This probably only bothers people with debit cards and one should never use a debit card for anything other than ATM withdrawals and getting cash back at a store. Credit cards are better even if you have bad credit and have to work up from a secured card.

I preordered the series X from Best Buy. They are doing an auth hold at the exact same rate Target is doing, whom I got the PS5 from.