PS5 outsells Switch for the first time ever in Japan

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Incredible that the software sales in Japan for PS5 are still trash.
It's tricky because Japan has moved towards mobile over home console. I feel Sony should've invested in a handheld that can handle PS4 games over VR because I would be all over that if my Playstation library could work on a handheld

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sure but why are they still buying PS5s then? Besides the fact that a certain portion are sold overseas by scalpers.
Still a market for home consoles there, but it's def shrunken to what it was in the past. It seems Japanese publishers even though their home console ain't what it used to be

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
To play games? Japan sells the same amount of consoles as UK and is the 3rd biggest market for PS. Users there spend more time playing games than nearly every other market. Apex and Genshin Impact are huge over there. Elden Ring did great there too. Outside of that what other game was supposed to set the physical charts on fire in Japan. Y’all treating physical only charts as the whole market when Capcom just has a quarter where 95% of their sales were digital. None of those sales are represented on the Japan charts. When you actually look at game debuts on PS5 in Japan versus UK they are about the same but no one says PS5 is doing bad in UK or they are being scalped.