PS5 Exclusive Games Will Be Coming To PS4 Through 2022, Sony Suggests

Daps
considering how good the previous title looked on the PS4, I think it will be. Especially if they plan to put it out next year.

The difference between the PS4 and PS5 version is going to be interesting.

But if they hold it until 2022, that's the only chance of it being PS5 only IMO.
then get ready for GOW but w/ prettier graphics
fukk that
these devs need to take advantage of the speeds not just for graphics but to enhance the gameplay
they would be able to do crazy sequences/mechanics, etc. if they took advantage of the PS5 hardware
they created these systems w/ unprecedented speeds (especially the ps5) and removed bottlenecks devs have been complaining about only to waste it only on prettier graphics
eventually the gameplay has to go to another level

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes but in terms of NEXT GEN gameplay, it will be severely limited
read up on how much the PS4 limited the scope of GOW
I don't see sony allowing this. If anything the ps4 version will be severely limited but they will 100% design the game with the PS5 in mind then do what they can to make it work on the ps4.

Daps
I don't see sony allowing this. If anything the ps4 version will be severely limited but they will 100% design the game with the PS5 in mind then do what they can to make it work on the ps4.
the game in general will be limited
read up on how SM was severely limited by the PS4 in terms of ambition
somehow that's gonna change if it's cross gen?
next gen graphics AND next gen gameplay is needed

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the game in general will be limited
read up on how SM was severely limited by the PS4 in terms of ambition
somehow that's gonna change if it's cross gen?
next gen graphics AND next gen gameplay is needed
Yea this just isnt happening I mean sony is way too invested in the PS5 to allow its 1st party developers be handicapped by the ps4. No way in hell

Daps
Yea this just isnt happening I mean sony is way too invested in the PS5 to allow its 1st party developers be handicapped by the ps4. No way in hell
they are not going to magically be able to do things now that they weren't able to do on the ps4
look at spiderman mm
Insomniac pretty much lied about there being fast swinging due to the power of the SSD
there is no fast swinging in either ps4/ps5 version because the ps4 cannot handle processing information that fast
get used to shyt like that for cross gen ps5 games
prettier graphics but no major improvements in gameplay

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I’m just ride with my ps4 until it’s over or some dope ass online multiplayer games comes out and all my brehs get it. I barely have time for these single player games.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
they are not going to magically be able to do things now that they weren't able to do on the ps4
look at spiderman mm
Insomniac pretty much lied about there being fast swinging due to the power of the SSD
there is no fast swinging in either ps4/ps5 version because the ps4 cannot handle processing information that fast
get used to shyt like that for cross gen ps5 games
prettier graphics but no major improvements in gameplay

I estimate PS4 bringing down PS5 (and a similar to effect on the Xbox side) will only be an issue for the next year max. There are development patterns you can use to prevent compromising your games across generations that will give you great next gen performance and decent current gen performance but those have to be architected correctly. My assumption is the games that are being released in the next year or so were developed targeting both gens and went went the safe route and prioritized the current gen first to get those additional sales. If they did it the opposite way and it didn’t work, we’d see a lot more Cyberpunks happening.

I think we’ll really get the real next gen games (designed an developed for PS5 and XSX) around 2022.

Daps
I estimate PS4 bringing down PS5 (and a similar to effect on the Xbox side) will only be an issue for the next year max. There are development patterns you can use to prevent compromising your games across generations that will give you great next gen performance and decent current gen performance but those have to be architected correctly. My assumption is the games that are being released in the next year or so were developed targeting both gens and went went the safe route and prioritized the current gen first to get those additional sales. If they did it the opposite way and it didn’t work, we’d see a lot more Cyberpunks happening.

I think we’ll really get the real next gen games (designed an developed for PS5 and XSX) around 2022.
I just hope ragnarok is ps5 exclusive like ratchet and clank
SM will have 3.5 years to make Ragnarok assuming it releases Oct/Nov 2021 so that would give them enough time to make it ps5 exclusive (I hope)
GOW only took 2 years to make

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I just hope ragnarok is ps5 exclusive like ratchet and clank
SM will have 3.5 years to make Ragnarok assuming it releases Oct/Nov 2021 so that would give them enough time to make it ps5 exclusive (I hope)
GOW only took 2 years to make
Until PS5 can get a decent part of the marketshare I’m in the same boat as you. Once they have enough of the pie and games start being developed with PS5 performance in mind I don’t care what else they release these games on