PS4 vs. Xbox 1 innovation

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Here you go @MeachTheMonster :

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...d-odd-soc-architecture-confirmed-by-microsoft

The big picture takeaway from this is that the Xbox One is HSA capable, and the underlying architecture is very similar to a super-charged APU with much higher internal bandwidth than a normal AMD chip. That’s a non-trivial difference — the 68GB/s of bandwidth devoted to Jaguar in the Xbox One dwarfs the quad-channel DDR3-1600 bandwidth that ships in an Intel X79 motherboard. For all the debates over the Xbox One’s competitive positioning against the PS4, this should be an interesting micro-architecture in its own right. There are still questions regarding the ESRAM cache — breaking it into four 8MB chunks is interesting, but doesn’t tell us much about how those pieces will be used. If the cache really is 1024 bits wide, and the developers can make suitable use of it, then the Xbox One’s performance might surprise us.

Also the way MS designed the X1 is that none the functions such as Audio processing, Kinect processing, Camera etc take away from the cpu/gpu power. It has 15 sub processors aka move engines to help it be very efficient.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Here you go @MeachTheMonster :

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...d-odd-soc-architecture-confirmed-by-microsoft

Also the way MS designed the X1 is that none the functions such as Audio processing, Kinect processing, Camera etc take away from the cpu/gpu power. It has 15 sub processors aka move engines to help it be very efficient.
I've read all those technical write ups and the truth of the matter is non of us are qualified to fully understand what they are saying. So I tried to explain what I understand in the most simplest terms possible.

Dudes just wanna believe what they want to. But without even looking at diagrams and tech specs you can look at the marketing strategy of both companies.

Ps4 is the most powerful gaming system ever

Xbox on was built for flexibility and efficiency

That's it. Straight from the horses mouth. Dudes get so buthurt it's impossible to have any type of conversation on this site.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Rekka did nothing but spew ps4 Stan buzzwords that none of you truly understand.

All the things he listed are there to make it easier on the devs. But they have nothing to do with efficiency reliabilty. Furthermore xbox one employs unified memory and "HUMA" as well.

Rekka was wrong in his assessment that gddr5 made the system more efficient. In fact one of the biggest reasons ddr3 was used was for efficient power consumption.

you just being hardheaded as usual. All of the shyt yall championing now on the XB1 was talked about during the PS4 reveal, so again, whatever.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
I've read all those technical write ups and the truth of the matter is non of us are qualified to fully understand what they are saying. So I tried to explain what I understand in the most simplest terms possible.

Dudes just wanna believe what they want to. But without even looking at diagrams and tech specs you can look at the marketing strategy of both companies.

Ps4 is the most powerful gaming system ever

Xbox on was built for flexibility and efficiency

That's it. Straight from the horses mouth. Dudes get so buthurt it's impossible to have any type of conversation on this site.
So true I feel ya on that. I used this analogy before but I felt it over most people heads.

Xbox one = Nissan GTR

The PS4 = Corvette ZR1

The GTR (X1) in most instances can match or sometimes beat the ZR1 on most tracks because with its awd it can make the most of its 545hp. The ZR1 (PS4) with its 638 hp is less efficient because it has a harder time putting the power to the ground with it only being a rear wheel drive car. But in the right hands (devs) it will shine.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So true I feel ya on that. I used this analogy before but I felt it over most people heads.

Xbox one = Nissan GTR

The PS4 = Corvette ZR1

The GTR (X1) in most instances can match or sometimes beat the ZR1 on most tracks because with its awd it can make the most of its 545hp. The ZR1 (PS4) with its 638 hp is less efficient because it has a harder time putting the power to the ground with it only being a rear wheel drive car. But in the right hands (devs) it will shine.
:russ: stawp!!

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can say the same for the XB1 as well. Innovation is in the eye of the beholder. Is the tech innovative? Probably not (and that's both systems), but the GAMES are the true measure of innovation. From what we've seen of the PS4 selection, they are definitely aiming for innovation in that direction as they always have. (Hence a good focus on indies who can bring some innovative titles to the system)

Say what you want, but ever since the PS1, the playstation game library has some of the most innovative and creative game titles out there so why would it stop now?

Hmmm that's ill. We talk about indie's when the dev kits are the actual xbox. that's rare. That's innovative. The fact that you can do mocap and voice using the kinect. let's not talk about indie. My only issue is its gonna make everyone a game designer

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Hmmm that's ill. We talk about indie's when the dev kits are the actual xbox. that's rare. That's innovative. The fact that you can do mocap and voice using the kinect. let's not talk about indie. My only issue is its gonna make everyone a game designer

The average cat is not doin that shyt.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The average cat is not doin that shyt.

Yeah the average cat plays games... but its gonna make the above average cat try to do tooooo much. But we'll have a ton of indie games. Some amazing! Most terrible.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It kills me how folk with basically no technical knowledge weigh in on certain subjects.
Then op be tryna be slick with it on top ...

So the Xbox is built for reliability...but the ps4 ain't just cause you say it is....biased fanboy
He asked how is the PS4 built. How reliable will it be, what has sony done to make sure that happens.
They never had a system that didn't have problems from PS1 upside down, PS2 DRE class action lawsuit to PS3 YLOD and PSN being total shyt. PS4 is almost here and we know nothing about any of that stuff. If something is known, please speak on it. If not, stop the crying, its embarrassing
Unified Ram, Huma tech, is as efficient as you can get for the setup. There is no split memory pool that you have to program for like the PS3. As well as no helper ram module like ESRAM that you have to program for with the Xb1.
That has literally NOTHING to do with how reliable the PS4 is built. The fact everyone of you is dodging the question is the answer :ufdup:
No you didn't!!!! All you did was give a general statement. @Rekkapryde did a better job than you did. You didn't explain to us how the XB1's architecture was gonna be more efficient or more reliable than the PS4's architecture.
Its now been posted multiple times in this thread, but its njot a fanboy war bruh. We really wanna know whats good. If you can't answer that, just say I don't know and keep it moving. Like, what are you doing doggy?

So its established, the PS4 is a secret in terms of reliability which in this day and age can only mean its not gonna last anywhere close to 10yrs :whew:
LETS STOP THE FANBOY THOUGHT PROCESS AND LOOK AT REALITY. WOULD SONY NOT TELL YOU THE PS4 IS BUILT TO LAST 10YRS IF IT WAS INDEED BUILT LIKE THAT? CONSOLE WAR, NEXT GEN? ITS ALREADY OVER!!! :win: