PS4 vs. Xbox 1 innovation

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Unified Ram, Huma tech, is as efficient as you can get for the setup. There is not split memory pool that you have to program for like the PS3. As well as no helper ram module like ESRAM that you have to program for with the Xb1.

That is a powerful set up and is the way most systems are being set up these days. Though I'm not sure what it has to do with the efficient use of the silicon in the system. I think it has more to do with efficient use of dev time.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Damn y'all get buthurt quick.

The Xbox is built for efficiency because the parts inside are purposely running under their capabilities yet the architecture squeezes very good performance out the parts.

It's also huge with a huge fan. And was built with the idea of running "always on" for 10 years.

How was the ps4 built specifically for efficiency/reliability?

If you have to ask that, you're either trolling or haven't been paying attention to all the interviews that Mark Cerny has been doing this year.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The PS4 is a good gaming system if it has the games you like. But innovative its not.

You can say the same for the XB1 as well. Innovation is in the eye of the beholder. Is the tech innovative? Probably not (and that's both systems), but the GAMES are the true measure of innovation. From what we've seen of the PS4 selection, they are definitely aiming for innovation in that direction as they always have. (Hence a good focus on indies who can bring some innovative titles to the system)

Say what you want, but ever since the PS1, the playstation game library has some of the most innovative and creative game titles out there so why would it stop now?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You can say the same for the XB1 as well. Innovation is in the eye of the beholder. Is the tech innovative? Probably not (and that's both systems), but the GAMES are the true measure of innovation. From what we've seen of the PS4 selection, they are definitely aiming for innovation in that direction as they always have. (Hence a good focus on indies who can bring some innovative titles to the system)

Say what you want, but ever since the PS1, the playstation game library has some of the most innovative and creative game titles out there so why would it stop now?

Its crazy how sony Is moving towards real innovation like ip tv where MS is still trying to mess with cableboxes. Think about it

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok

I dont know what game systems you have owned but it sounds like you have been primarily a Sony fan. Yes PS1, 2 and PS3 has had some innovating games. But in my gaming lifetime I had The sega saturn and dreamcast in edition to other systems including sony which was full of innovative games. A rational person can not say MS has not brought innovation with the OG Xbox and the 360. The Xbox one is going to be innovative too. Now you may not like the features, thats a personal choice.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can you even elaborate how the Xbox1 is built for efficiency/reliabilty? I can give you some links to articles or post some youtube videos, but you is crazy & trolling if you think i'm gonna type all that technical-shyt out.

Here 's a nice article from yesterday:

VGLeaks: More EXCLUSIVE PlayStation 4 hUMA implementation and memory enhancements details

I already did. And I didn't need to type out a bunch of stuff.

Y'all just keep posting buzzwords and thinking your doing something. HUMA is simply a marketing term for AMDs unified memory access solution. There Are plenty of ways to achieve this and HUMA is one.

Now you tell me in your own words how huma(which ps4 doesn't technicaly have) makes the ps4 more efficient/reliable.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Its crazy how sony Is moving towards real innovation like ip tv where MS is still trying to mess with cableboxes. Think about it
Whats to think about? MS is already doing that with some channel/partners and Im sure they going to expand. Plus you selectively picking and choosing on what you "call" innovations is because of what your system offers. Most people have cables/sat. Miss me with this whole I don't watch tv BS some cling too.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Whats to think about? MS is already doing that with some channel/partners and Im sure they going to expand. Plus you selectively picking and choosing on what you "call" innovations is because of what your system offers. Most people have cables/sat. Miss me with this whole I don't watch tv BS some cling too.
Actually I do but cable/sat isn't something new or innovate and Is actually becoming obsolete. So why build your console around tech that's on the brink of extinction? That's like putting a carbonator on a LSA engine

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Actually I do but cable/sat isn't something new or innovate and Is actually becoming obsolete. So why build your console around tech that's on the brink of extinction? That's like putting a carbonator on a LSA engine

Or like putting Bluetooth in a "next gen" system :lupe:

But in all seriousness as of today most people consume tv through cable/sat the hdmi in port is there to appease those people as the switch to digital tv takes place.

It's innovative because they are adding voice/motion controls and interactive experiences to your normal everyday tv viewing.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I already did. And I didn't need to type out a bunch of stuff.

Y'all just keep posting buzzwords and thinking your doing something. HUMA is simply a marketing term for AMDs unified memory access solution. There Are plenty of ways to achieve this and HUMA is one.

Now you tell me in your own words how huma(which ps4 doesn't technicaly have) makes the ps4 more efficient/reliable.

No you didn't!!!! All you did was give a general statement. @Rekkapryde did a better job than you did. You didn't explain to us how the XB1's architecture was gonna be more efficient or more reliable than the PS4's architecture.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No you didn't!!!! All you did was give a general statement. @Rekkapryde did a better job than you did. You didn't explain to us how the XB1's architecture was gonna be more efficient or more reliable than the PS4's architecture.

Rekka did nothing but spew ps4 Stan buzzwords that none of you truly understand.

All the things he listed are there to make it easier on the devs. But they have nothing to do with efficiency reliabilty. Furthermore xbox one employs unified memory and "HUMA" as well.

Rekka was wrong in his assessment that gddr5 made the system more efficient. In fact one of the biggest reasons ddr3 was used was for efficient power consumption.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4