PS2 Emulator for PS4-DF Hands On

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Just not enough demand man, the OG XBOX was just a project to get the brand started.

Most of the true exclusives weren't that great. I don't think there are many people who are just waiting to jump on "Blinx The Timesweeper" breh :usure:

The ONLY game that I will pay whatever it takes to get on the xbox one is Crimson Skies with online support...that game :ohlawd:
Like I said in the other thread. Call Of Cthulhu is worth it on its own.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
I think Sony can do PS3 emulation, but it will take a considerable amount of work and will cut into the PS NOW service. PS3 hardware while crazy is so old that the hardware inside the PS4 should be able to handle it if Sony were to get on it.

Ah well, I'll just hold on to my triple. I still have some people I need to straighten out in fight night.

PS3 emulation will never happen on the PS4 unless the CELL processor is thrown in the PS4. The PS4s Jaguar APU is too weak to emulate it.

In tests ran on both CPUs, the PS3s CELL outperforms the PS4s CPU in certain tasks, so there's virtually no way it can emulate a PS3 so the only options you really have is to keep your PS3 or pay for PSNow.

The reason the Xbox One can emulate 360 games is that the Xenon processor is much less powerful and not as complicated as the CELL. Plus it doesn't hurt that the Xbox One has the slightly more powerful CPU than the PS4 (it's the RAM and GPU that hurt its performance vs the quad )

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony is working on bringing PlayStation 2 titles to the PlayStation 4, the company confirmed to WIRED Thursday evening.

“We are working on utilizing PS2 emulation technology to bring PS2 games forward to the current generation,” a Sony representative told WIRED via email. “We have nothing further to comment at this point in time.”

It seems as if the first PS2 games using this emulation software to run on PS4 are already out: a bundle available now at retail that includes a PS4 console and the Star Wars: Battlefront game also includes a selection of bonus classic games: Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter, and Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

The latter three games, according to the Digital Foundry, as reported by Eurogamer, aren’t simply ports of old code to the PS4. Instead, there are a number of signs indicating that they’re running on proprietary emulation software.

Source:http://www.wired.com/2015/11/playsta...sony-confirms/

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
This means nothing for PS Now. PS Now is not a BC solution. Plus PS2 games aren't on PS Now.

PS3 emulation of PS2 games is basically a 1:1 emulation. From the DF video, they've noted substantial improvement of performance(30fps to 60fps), higher resolution upscaling and trophy support; something the PS3 didn't do(reasonably due to the HW at the time I guess.)

PS3 emulation is a pipe dream. The Cell seems like a complicated mess to emulate. I'd be surprised to see PS3 emulation.

Now the main thing I want to know is will existing PSN games you own will work on PS4. I'm expecting more info on this at PSX. Hopefully PS1 and PSP support comes too. Hell throw Vita support on there too if possible.
Sony would be smart to integrate the emulator with PS Now..The only difference is PS1 and 2 games would be downloaded to your system and use the emulator while ps3 games would be streamed..This would be huge for PSnow..