Protodroid DeLTA (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4) (3D Megaman-inspired game created by a Black game developer) (May 25, 2023)

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, he was able to raise another 60k on indiegogo. Hopefully it works out.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Damn, he was able to raise another 60k on indiegogo. Hopefully it works out.
That and a record deal.

Dude pulled in 100k+ as a solo dev. That's a W, problem is that expectations about to be through the roof for some shyt that's likely gonna be just aiight

Daps

Monthly Updates #24: Humble Beginnings (June 2022)​

Adam KareemCreator
June 19, 2022

🎉BIG NEWS!🎉

So this month's news is so huge that this update will be solely dedicated to it...

Humble Games is now our Publisher!​

• Last week Humble Games announced the big news! This is such a tremendous boost to the project that's really hard to overstate
  • What a long and intriguing road it's been. We had been in talks about for several months, but in the last few weeks things accelerated as we finalized the deal in time for the 2 year anniversary of the Black Game Dev Fund
  • But some might wonder - what exactly does a publishing deal get you? I've got a few answers!
  • First - financial backing. The dev team is paid an amount upfront then at important dev milestones. These are the funds I'm using to payout my team of hires (currently 5 Level Designers, 3 Artists, 2 Programmers) without which this game would be nearly impossible to complete alone.
  • Second - marketing support. As opposed to me having to personally scratch my head about "how can I market this game?" Or reach out to platforms like XBOX or Playstation etc. about collaborations or gaming conventions & events, a publisher essentially initiates and handles all that. I'm only instead asked "can you send this art asset?" or "can you send the latest build?" Publishers have connections & reputations which can be huge for a game's visibility, and that's the inherent value.
  • And so far it's already been a big plus! The game's Steam wishlists has grown by ~ 50% since the announcement! That was the single biggest jump in wishlists over the projects history. In fact, it was over 3X what the game reached over the course of the Kickstarter :smile:
  • So I'm over the moon right now. And can't wait to get to now sprint across the finish line :smile:

Finalized New Logo!​

• Thank everyone for the great feedback last month on the logo concepts!
  • With your help, I was FINALLY (after 7 months of concepting) able to hone in on the new concept. And worked with an artist to finalize the colors
  • I couldn't have done it without your input! Thank you all again so much

75265655217c6b2ba1176fe8edf33968_original.png

Until Next Time!​