Protodroid DeLTA (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4) (3D Megaman-inspired game created by a Black game developer) (May 25, 2023)

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Art Direction is everything, especially a AA title. It’s why KoF XIV, No.9, and FEXL didn’t sell. Yea he’ll get black dollars because we need to support our own but if you want your game to pop you need mass appeal. Nothing about this pops.

It’s not about black or white characters it about making them stand out. It’s combat core all over.

he'll get black dollars eh :pachaha:

but anyway...

Don't know if I would call this a double a title and most indie titles don't do gangbusters..

Some of the characters do stand out, even though the style is kinda generic tumblr animeish.

If he wanted mass appeal he would have had just one black character. :mjpls:

huh how well were you expecting Combat Core to do?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
he'll get black dollars eh :pachaha:

but anyway...

Don't know if I would call this a double a title and most indie titles don't do gangbusters..

Some of the characters do stand out, even though the style is kinda generic tumblr animeish.

If he wanted mass appeal he would have had just one black character. :mjpls:

huh how well were you expecting Combat Core to do?

:comeon:

A Power Stone spiritual successor could’ve done gangbusters with proper direction.

Boondocks, Afro Samurai, and that new black dude in GG shows you don’t need token black folks.

Like @4-Rin said a lot of this characters feel like rip offs. That white dude is 100 a Doflamingo rip off. And the character designer of this game know nothing about color theory.

Main character - Should be red or blue as they are primary colors and easy to create a dichotomy with your rival.

VeGA - Why green? He’s mysterious so he should be black or deep purple to represent the unknown.

Dr. V & Void. - Why is he cloaked. Dr. V looks cocky as hell why would he cover up his creation. Everything about Void should be to show off clean elegant the iPhone of these droids but he’s hidden.

Why do they look so human? Give them small features that make look more robotic. These are Gen 1; small slits down the eyes, bolted joints or sectional parts. They even started doing this with mega man.

Iono I guess it’s the dead artist in me that hates to see such wasted potential.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
:comeon:

A Power Stone spiritual successor could’ve done gangbusters with proper direction.

Boondocks, Afro Samurai, and that new black dude in GG shows you don’t need token black folks.

Like @4-Rin said a lot of this characters feel like rip offs. That white dude is 100 a Doflamingo rip off. And the character designer of this game know nothing about color theory.

Main character - Should be red or blue as they are primary colors and easy to create a dichotomy with your rival.

VeGA - Why green? He’s mysterious so he should be black or deep purple to represent the unknown.

Dr. V & Void. - Why is he cloaked. Dr. V looks cocky as hell why would he cover up his creation. Everything about Void should be to show off clean elegant the iPhone of these droids but he’s hidden.

Why do they look so human? Give them small features that make look more robotic. These are Gen 1; small slits down the eyes, bolted joints or sectional parts. They even started doing this with mega man.

Iono I guess it’s the dead artist in me that hates to see such wasted potential.

Yeah I don't think Power Stone if brought back today by Capcom would do gangbusters.. and if that wouldn't.. then no spiritual successor would either. :yeshrug:

Token blacks :gucci: I definitely wouldn't say token. Hell they definitely don't look like the blacks you usually see in games.

I was gonna say the dude looked like a combo of Cloud Strife and the two gurren lagann dudes :skip:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Yeah I don't think Power Stone if brought back today by Capcom would do gangbusters.. and if that wouldn't.. then no spiritual successor would either. :yeshrug:

Token blacks :gucci: I definitely wouldn't say token. Hell they definitely don't look like the blacks you usually see in games.

I was gonna say the dude looked like a combo of Cloud Strife and the two gurren lagann dudes :skip:

If power stone was a switch exclusive it’s doing at least a million in sales. Gangbusters is comparative to the investment of the game.

For reference Astral Chain did a milly.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
If power stone was a switch exclusive it’s doing at least a million in sales. Gangbusters is comparative to the investment of the game.

For reference Astral Chain did a milly.

maybe....:patrice:

but I don't think folk are fiendin for power stone like that.. even if it would be a switch exclusive.

not saying it wouldn't sell though

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
red flag: Why did he immediately launch an indiegogo?

Someone fill me in on this. shyt never happens and is quite disrespectful to kickstarter as a business

Daps
red flag: Why did he immediately launch an indiegogo?

Someone fill me in on this. shyt never happens and is quite disrespectful to kickstarter as a business

This actually happens a lot. After a successful Kickstarter, the creator will get a bunch of messages from people who just discovered the project but are too late to back it. Kickstarter doesn't allow the creators to keep collecting money, so they have to use another platform to do it. He chose Indiegogo to do it. Games that have been crowdfunded and released have used this method, so this isn't necessarily a red flag.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This actually happens a lot. After a successful Kickstarter, the creator will get a bunch of messages from people who just discovered the project but are too late to back it. Kickstarter doesn't allow the creators to keep collecting money, so they have to use another platform to do it. He chose Indiegogo to do it. Games that have been crowdfunded and released have used this method, so this isn't necessarily a red flag.

aight, interesting

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
yep

Not sure if it was indiegogo, but I think that's how I backed Blasphemous after the kickstart ended.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Doesn't look like something I'd enjoy but I hope breh accomplishes his dreams and becomes successful.