Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Man that's crazy haha. because everyone loves Hudson because he was the funny one. I wanted to be like Hicks when I grew up. :heh: Cool and calm under fire and respected without having to say too much

Michael Biehn was dope. I heard the SEALs jokingly refer to him as an honorary member because he played one in Navy SEALs, The Abyss, and The Rock. I saw him in Grindhouse Planet Terror and thought he might make a comeback but nope.

And yeah wasn't he supposed to be the marine villain in Avatar? He did a youtube ad for a rehab clinic. I think he was/is an alcoholic and cokehead. Doesn't look too great in that video.

Sad story. About a year ago there was a little comic-con type thing in my city but on a much smaller scale. I didn't even know about it, but I was just walking down the street on my lunch break and literally ran into him as he was walking out of a bar. I couldn't believe it was him. he had sort of a mean look on his face, and I just said "Michael Biehn?" And he kinda looked at me funny but nodded. I just said I was a huge fan but I didn't ask for a picture because he looked annoyed. He said thanks, and then as he walked away I turned around he was sort of stumbling (not a lot, but not walking straight either) down the sidewalk.

I felt bad for him and for as big a fan I was as a kid I sort of regret not asking for a picture because I doubt I'll ever see him again.
:mjcry:

:salute: he was always the cool one in his movies, esp tombstone....crazy u met him like that...he clearly has issues, which was the main reason I wanted alien 5, the charactar was so dope, woulda been a good way for him to go out

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Man that's crazy haha. because everyone loves Hudson because he was the funny one. I wanted to be like Hicks when I grew up. :heh: Cool and calm under fire and respected without having to say too much

Michael Biehn was dope. I heard the SEALs jokingly refer to him as an honorary member because he played one in Navy SEALs, The Abyss, and The Rock. I saw him in Grindhouse Planet Terror and thought he might make a comeback but nope.

And yeah wasn't he supposed to be the marine villain in Avatar? He did a youtube ad for a rehab clinic. I think he was/is an alcoholic and cokehead. Doesn't look too great in that video.

Sad story. About a year ago there was a little comic-con type thing in my city but on a much smaller scale. I didn't even know about it, but I was just walking down the street on my lunch break and literally ran into him as he was walking out of a bar. I couldn't believe it was him. he had sort of a mean look on his face, and I just said "Michael Biehn?" And he kinda looked at me funny but nodded. I just said I was a huge fan but I didn't ask for a picture because he looked annoyed. He said thanks, and then as he walked away I turned around he was sort of stumbling (not a lot, but not walking straight either) down the sidewalk.

I felt bad for him and for as big a fan I was as a kid I sort of regret not asking for a picture because I doubt I'll ever see him again.
:mjcry:

One of my favorite actors....James Cameron later said he didn't put him in the movie because he felt it would remind people of alien.

I wish he could make a comeback

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
@KevCo @Silver Surfer There's a funny ass video of Biehn clearly freaking out at a comic/nerd event where fans are dressed up as marines.

I've always got the impression that he never really gave a fukk or even realized how many people are as serious about movies like Terminator and Aliens as they are. he clearly seems very uncomfortable here. The first 40 seconds of this is just pure discomfort and hilarity. You can tell he can't fukking wait to get out of that room.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
If only Cameron would come back home and make some bad ass r rated action films again. :mjcry:
They were gonna do a True Lies 2 but after 9/11 Cameron said he thought it would be in bad taste.

Not really looking forward to Avatar 2. The first one was great to look at but damn was it a basic ass story.

Sorry if I've derailed the thread too much away from Prometheus 2...or Alien Covenant.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
They were gonna do a True Lies 2 but after 9/11 Cameron said he thought it would be in bad taste.

Not really looking forward to Avatar 2. The first one was great to look at but damn was it a basic ass story.

Sorry if I've derailed the thread too much away from Prometheus 2...or Alien Covenant.
He still could've done a second true lies without the middle eastern themes. But he got caught up in his ocean shyt now Avatar. But I got faith in JC, he fukked up with avatar by not having characters we care give a damn about.(and the cliche story) Basic ass white man and stereotypical natives. BUT He will improve upon that I believe and part 2 will look amazing I bet.

Chef

All Star
Daps
So this cannibalized Alien 5?:beli: Just leave the xenos alone, you kill the fun when you explain it in detail.:ld: I didn't catch Elysium or Chappie but I'll cape for Blomkamp off the strength of District 9. Fox, don't kill off the Predators series next. All my old cinema franchises are getting killed.:to:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prometheus has its fans but is a universal shytty movie. Even tho im a aliens stan that shyt was not that good. I'll still watch it tho:francis:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
fukk this movie :francis:

Ripley's return was on deck, then not only did this fakkit Ridley Scott realize Prometheus was ass, he went ahead and cock-blocked the real Alien 5, then force fukked the title into his bullshyt sequel. If Prometheus was worth a damn, he'd let Pro-2 ride out, and but he had to jump for the Alien title.

Again, fukk this movie :francis:
I didn't like Prometheus but man i'd rather have this Ridley Scott sequel than neil blompkamp's fan-fiction alien 5 thing he was doing. I'm not trying to see a 65 year old Ripley and Hicks running around.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

He still could've done a second true lies without the middle eastern themes. But he got caught up in his ocean shyt now Avatar. But I got faith in JC, he fukked up with avatar by not having characters we care give a damn about.(and the cliche story) Basic ass white man and stereotypical natives. BUT He will improve upon that I believe and part 2 will look amazing I bet.

Avatar felt like every Cameron script rolled into one movie to be honest...the worst part of those movies, it was great to look at, but im still waiting for a major price cut before I get the 3d blu ray to be honest....just wasnt memorable.....

I hope this movie is great, did enjoy the first one but it had its issues.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Avatar felt like every Cameron script rolled into one movie to be honest...the worst part of those movies, it was great to look at, but im still waiting for a major price cut before I get the 3d blu ray to be honest....just wasnt memorable.....

I hope this movie is great, did enjoy the first one but it had its issues.
the 3D bluray is amazing, the 3D is as good as it was in theaters. one of the most visually innovative films in movie history