Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
They would of made more money if they had called the first one Alien: Prometheus
True. But I think it would have made things even more confusing than they were. Bringing in that Damon writer from LOST was such a bad idea. He made that movie such a confusing mess. Visually it was beautiful to look at, the cinematography and directing was great, but Ridley I've heard doesn't care much about scripts. And the script was awful. Like, why not have just made the planet LV-426? If they had just made it the same place where the first Alien took place, and still had that mess of a story, it still would've made 10x more sense.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Dunno if its just da visuals, da score, or just mah inate love for anything Alien related (except dem Alien vs Predator abominations :gag: ) but I've neva had such a conflicted opinion of a movie like I do for Prometheus.

So much of da bullshyt dat occurred in dat mufukka made absolutely zero sense and was such an insult to da audience's intelligence...but I still caint help but fux wit it. :francis: :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
Prometheus had it's problems but it's a classic to me. I love that movie. Also, it is retarded that they didn't make Prometheus a direct prequel like it was in the Jon Spaights script, at this point I just consider it a direct prequel even though they changed the planet and stupid shyt like that

WERE THERE ISSUES WITH THIS MOVIE'S SCRIPT....DEFINITELY :patrice:

BUT VISUALLY IT WAS :wow:

FASSBENDER :blessed:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I wonder if this news means they shyt canned Alien 5? It got the greenlight after Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium, Chappie) after he dropped that concept art.

The new pulse rifles look really dope btw

EDIT: fukk! I just read Alien 5 is on hold now.

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
True. But I think it would have made things even more confusing than they were. Bringing in that Damon writer from LOST was such a bad idea. He made that movie such a confusing mess. Visually it was beautiful to look at, the cinematography and directing was great, but Ridley I've heard doesn't care much about scripts. And the script was awful. Like, why not have just made the planet LV-426? If they had just made it the same place where the first Alien took place, and still had that mess of a story, it still would've made 10x more sense.
In the Jon spaights script it was lv426. I'd like to hear lindelof's logic for changing it

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I wonder if this news means they shyt canned Alien 5? It got the greenlight after Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium, Chappie) after he dropped that concept art.

The new pulse rifles look really dope btw

EDIT: fukk! I just read Alien 5 is on hold now.

Yea origonally it was to be filmed first but Ridley put an end to that when he wanted this to be first.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Daps
fukk this movie :francis:

Ripley's return was on deck, then not only did this fakkit Ridley Scott realize Prometheus was ass, he went ahead and cock-blocked the real Alien 5, then force fukked the title into his bullshyt sequel. If Prometheus was worth a damn, he'd let Pro-2 ride out, and but he had to jump for the Alien title.

Again, fukk this movie :francis:
dude is a true fakkit fukkboy

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yea origonally it was to be filmed first but Ridley put an end to that when he wanted this to be first.
shyt! Damn I was stoked. I'm guessing Alien 5 won't happen. Did any plot info come out? I mean the official canon after that awful Colonial Marines game has Hicks alive, but I don't know about Newt or Ripley. Clearly Ripley and Hicks were the main characters of Alien 5, but no way it was a sequel right after the events, right? The actors are almost 30 years older, so Alien 5 would have had to be later on. Did a script or anything ever leak. I thought the concept art was great.