Proliferation of switch handguns and hip-hop influence

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All these things would exist without hip hop tho. Only difference now is rappers are really living the life they rap about which is what the streets wanted in the first place. The industry was more than content putting out a bunch of studio gangsters. It was the streets that wanted rappers to be authentic

The extortion element was always there when it shouldnt have been. Hood nikkas latching on to the talent. A benefecial exchange to boost the rappers cred,and boost the goons visibility and paper.

The problem is these talentless bums can pick up a mic. Which means real gang members now have influence to start beefs in they city,and act as they own enforcers. Back in the day the goons behind LL or gangs behind Biggie wasnt telling them to diss local niggss they was at war with:mjlol:. They played their position as enforcer.

But the bar finally got set so low that any gang member can pick up a mic and be his own mouthpiece. It aint difficult to record and definitely not expensive anymore.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
The extortion element was always there when it shouldnt have been. Hood nikkas latching on to the talent. A benefecial exchange to boost the rappers cred,and boost the goons visibility and paper.

The problem is these talentless bums can pick up a mic. Which means real gang members now have influence to start beefs in they city,and act as they own enforcers. Back in the day the goons behind LL or gangs behind Biggie wasnt telling them to diss local niggss they was at war with:mjlol:. They played their position as enforcer.

But the bar finally got set so low that any gang member can pick up a mic and be his own mouthpiece. It aint difficult to record and definitely not expensive anymore.
That’s exactly what the people were begging for. People wanted rappers who actually lived those rhymes. I’ve heard it in person for years and seen it on the coli
:heh:

But blaming hip hop for shyt is just taking the easy way out. shyt is way more complex than that. A lot of these rappers now would be doing dirt hip hop or no hip hop. The music just gave them a easy way to clean up the money

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s exactly what the people were begging for. People wanted rappers who actually lived those rhymes. I’ve heard it in person for years and seen it on the coli
:heh:

But blaming hip hop for shyt is just taking the easy way out. shyt is way more complex than that. A lot of these rappers now would be doing dirt hip hop or no hip hop. The music just gave them a easy way to clean up the money

We didnt ask for them to be trash,big difference:whoa:

The problem with drill isnt drill,its how garbage the rappers are. If the floor was G-Herbo,and you had to be at minimum as good as Herbo to get on a record and taunt dead people,taunt rival gangs and incite fueds?

Obviously it wouldnt have stopped the violence. But I bet it would cut it down. You got "rappers"(really gang members) battling the only way they can(guns). Because they have no talent to defend their honor. You got 20-30 bums per gang making little records locally taking jabs.

We truly need to stop validating these dudes as rappers. When most got at least one song specefically announcing "Im not a rapper:demonic:"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But i do agree @BmoreGorilla . You cant just automatically point to rap. Even at the peak of drill when they were blaming the music. There was heavy drug trafficking and ties to El Chapo irrc. Drug trafficking and fighting over territory is going to increase gang violence.

But i just dont think thats the case everywhere. Its definitely playing a part.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
When I was a young buck at the club, folks would be dancing and dudes were trying to find a girl to grind on. :pachaha: The moment songs like "Tear the Club Up" by Three Six Mafia came on, people got infected with stupid jumping around the dance floor swinging elbows. Of course this lead to fights. Someone has to be in complete denial to ignore the influence of music. :scust:

killacal

Banned
Daps
What’s your point. Everything potentially influences behaviors, especially with children. Why are you fakkits so obsessed with rap music or is that just code word for something else like “what about Chicago” is .
You stupid fukks, hip hop has always influenced culture WORLDWIDE . Still rappin about the same shyt everybody was rappin about in the 90’s. There was kids doin the same shyt they doin now. This same rap music being bad media propaganda been going on ever since they created the term “gangster rap”. No different than “drill music”.
Don't quote me you are clearly autistic and I don't want to trouble you

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Being first doesn't mean you have more influence tho

If a street nikka from Chicago had a switch, no one outside his block would know, when these rappers rap about a switch every impressionable retarded mind hears it and is influenced by it across the country, it's amplified
You may not want to believe it but someone who is NOT a killer isn't going to start killing just because he heard it in a song.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
reality comes first

rappers mimic the energy of the real criminals/goons/gangsters

they are like the mascots for the real players outside

Believe that if you want to. :dame: You don't find it interesting the music industry doesn't push a white Megan the Stallion or Cardy B? White as well as other races of women are engaged in f_ckery too. Yet. those behind the scenes in music who primarly are not black push the same narrative with the same race of people. Rappers are more than mascots.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Idk breh. Kids been smoking weed and getting drunk since forever. You would have a point if crime was exploding in well off suburbs. But crime is high in places that always had high crime
I don't even think "crime" is the biggest affect of rap music. Matter of fact, I personally rank it pretty low.

I think the biggest affect of rap music is how its being used to demonize and criminalize our overall image, much like Minstrel Shows did in the past.

It's basically a continuation of Minstrel Shows to me.

It's reduced the image of the black male to thugs, gangbangers and drugdealers and our women to oversexualized thot whores.

It's flat out a large reason why it's so hard for us to move like other groups. Our default setting is that of a criminal. Someone of lower intelligence.

Even black people hesitate with other black people because of these stereotypes.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Believe that if you want to. :dame: You don't find it interesting the music industry doesn't push a white Megan the Stallion or Cardy B? White as well as other races of women are engaged in f_ckery too. Yet. those behind the scenes in music who primarly are not black push the same narrative with the same race of people. Rappers are more than mascots.
there would have to be a white meg or cardi first

they don't push white hip-hop/tap artist as much because they don't make waves like the originators for whatever reason

they would love to be the face of everything popping

they would love to define & dictate what's cool

but we do that

they do for sure profit off it though