Proliferation of switch handguns and hip-hop influence

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Being first doesn't mean you have more influence tho

If a street nikka from Chicago had a switch, no one outside his block would know, when these rappers rap about a switch every impressionable retarded mind hears it and is influenced by it across the country, it's amplified

Rap has influence, but as I mentioned, the streets have far more influence on rappers than rappers have on the streets. Rappers lame to a lot of street nikkas lol.

If you hear a rap song and learn about switches, then are able to procure one illegally, then use it to modify your gun and go commit crimes…you was likely already in the environment and mind frame where you were going down that path anyway. It wasn’t a lil Durk song that turned you to a savage.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Kids that ain’t from the streets always been trying to play tough. That ain’t nothing new
:heh:

While it's nothing new, we live in a different age where children are consuming this type of content in ways that simply weren't possible when we were kids.

This content cheapens the value of Black life AND tells our children that someone's value as a person should be visible by way of what they're wearing or driving and how much it costs. While this has been the case for a while, social media exacerbates it.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
While it's nothing new, we live in a different age where children are consuming this type of content in ways that simply weren't possible when we were kids.

This content cheapens the value of Black life AND tells our children that someone's value as a person should be visible by way of what they're wearing or driving and how much it costs. While this has been the case for a while, social media exacerbates it.
I’m not disagreeing with any of this but these same conditions you are describing is why this music is being made. Black communities been on this path since the crack era

killacal

Banned
Daps
Is it strictly due to music or are there other things that contribute to this? Crime is on a record pace in my city right now. But I can tell you exactly why and it has nothing to do with music
Your city been violent Toronto not so much... Just wait for the 2022 stats :wow:

According to Canada's government statistics agency, gun violence overall rose by more than 40% in Canada between 2013 and 2017, with much of that increase driven by incidents in Toronto.

Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders says that the city's recent gun violence has been connected to gang activity.