Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Cremated? Breh....damn
Yeah, P said they were gonna write "The One and Only" on his tombstone (listened to some Bumpy Johnson last nite).
Sidenote: Thank God P was so prolific, he truly blessed us with so many dope songs. His catalogue can be in rotation the rest of my life.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
LL apparently walked out with tears in his eyes according to daily news
prodigy-wake.jpg

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
@phonthought3000

I think I got you covered. So P wanted mostly the gritty blaxploitation loops (like Mac 10 handle and return of the Mac) for the project and wanted to save some of the more polished loops and some of the chopped up soul beats (like bang on em and stop frontin) for hnic 2. So he and Al compromised and did a mix.

The Dough, Represent Me, Money Is a Weapon, and Dirty New Yorker were all taken off ROTM for the deluxe edition of HNIC 2.

Ther may be more but those are the main 3 that got cut.

I didn't know about "Money Is A Weapon" until you mentioned it....that track is crazy! Do you happen to have the mp3? All I can find online is the youtube video, which has bad sound quality

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, P said they were gonna write "The One and Only" on his tombstone (listened to some Bumpy Johnson last nite).
Sidenote: Thank God P was so prolific, he truly blessed us with so many dope songs. His catalogue can be in rotation the rest of my life.

Seriously tho, I have been listening to Mobb Deep and P solo since the moment I read he passed away, and I haven't felt the need to listen to something else. There's so much dope music, from different era's, I never realized what a retarded amount of quality music they released. I just lit one up, rest in peace P.